Paul B. Brian K.

Post by Paul Britto » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:09:26

Hello Jim,

   That is just it...no steps taken beyond what should be required.  I just type in my.msn.com, or set it as my homepage in IE.  Note that I am talking about Internet Explorer and not MSN Explorer which is hardwired to go to msn.com as it always have.

   Whatever this issue is, it isn't very obvious...feel free to report your individual circumstance to MSN Tech Support which are taking detailed information from users on this particular case.

Paul

  Steps take?  Settings entered?  Simply stating over and over that it works is no assistance to those that would like to follow.
  -Jim-

    "Brian

    For the Windows XP machine, all I did was use the url that shows when I am
    in MyMSN.

Paul B. Brian K.

Post by Jim » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:21:16

That's the issue Deb.  But, watch him try to spin out of this.  You know, just as well as a lot of others of us, that ya need to watch his words carefully. He's a weasel (word wise) so there's never a commitment so he can always, in his mind, find an out when he's wrong.
-Jim-

  On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 00:09:26 -0800, "Paul Britton"

  >Hello Jim,
  >
  >   That is just it...no steps taken beyond what should be required.  I just type in my.msn.com, or set it as my homepage in IE.  Note that I am talking about Internet Explorer and not MSN Explorer which is hardwired to go to msn.com as it always have.

  To clarify, since Brian K misunderstood the issue.

  Are you saying that you can, within IE, on first start of IE go
  *directly* to my.msn as your home page, bypassing the MSN.com or any
  other  page completely?

  --
  Deb

  For the first time in years we are not Hyphenated-Americans.
  We are Americans, and United we Stand!

Paul B. Brian K.

Post by Brian Kvalheim - [MVP » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:25:24

Weasel and a liar? Jim, any more sticks and stones in that bag - o - tricks
up your sleeve?

--
Brian Kvalheim

Microsoft Community MVP
Publisher
For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://kvalcom.jvlnet.com

MVP Award 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/mvpaward.asp

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.

That's the issue Deb.  But, watch him try to spin out of this.  You know,
just as well as a lot of others of us, that ya need to watch his words
carefully. He's a weasel (word wise) so there's never a commitment so he can
always, in his mind, find an out when he's wrong.
-Jim-

  On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 00:09:26 -0800, "Paul Britton"

  >Hello Jim,
  >
  >   That is just it...no steps taken beyond what should be required.  I
just type in my.msn.com, or set it as my homepage in IE.  Note that I am
talking about Internet Explorer and not MSN Explorer which is hardwired to
go to msn.com as it always have.

  To clarify, since Brian K misunderstood the issue.

  Are you saying that you can, within IE, on first start of IE go
  *directly* to my.msn as your home page, bypassing the MSN.com or any
  other  page completely?

  --
  Deb

  For the first time in years we are not Hyphenated-Americans.
  We are Americans, and United we Stand!

Paul B. Brian K.

Post by Brian Kvalheim - [MVP » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:51:35

Cute. I am impressed by the small size of your posts when you have pictures
attached.

--
Brian Kvalheim

Microsoft Community MVP
Publisher
For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://kvalcom.jvlnet.com

MVP Award 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/mvpaward.asp

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.

Weasel and a liar? Jim, any more sticks and stones in that bag - o - tricks
up your sleeve?

--
Brian Kvalheim

Paul B. Brian K.

Post by moosensquirre » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:57:11

We can't take all of this too seriously.  And I do tend to collect small graphics so I can make small posts.

Cute. I am impressed by the small size of your posts when you have pictures
attached.

--
Brian Kvalheim

Paul B. Brian K.

Post by Jim » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:31:47

They're synonymous. So - no need!
-Jim-

  "Brian

  Weasel and a liar? Jim, any more sticks and stones in that bag - o - tricks
  up your sleeve?

Paul B. Brian K.

Post by Jim » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:32:48

That's correct.  Small things ARE what would impress you.
-Jim-

  "Brian

  Cute. I am impressed by the small size of your posts when you have pictures

Paul B. Brian K.

Post by Brian Kvalheim - [MVP » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:36:28

whew. I can deal with two personal attacks.

--
Brian Kvalheim

Microsoft Community MVP
Publisher
For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://kvalcom.jvlnet.com

MVP Award 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/mvpaward.asp

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.

They're synonymous. So - no need!
-Jim-

  "Brian

  Weasel and a liar? Jim, any more sticks and stones in that bag - o -
tricks
  up your sleeve?

Paul B. Brian K.

Post by Brian Kvalheim - [MVP » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:38:53

Yup..that's true. A hug or a kiss in the morning before I go to work from my
wife is small, but has lots of meaning.