Getting online

Post by Pau » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 04:18:29

Is anyone else having trouble getting connected to your MSN Broadband
service?  It has been 2 weeks and I am still not up and running.  I
have been "escalated" to the highest criticality level and am told
that I will be receiving a call in 8 business hours, but it never
happens.  This is really stupid.  Everytime I call, I am told to wait.
 I mean get serious, how many times must I be escalated and how many
times do I need to call before I finally get running?  Is there
anything I can do to get a friggin response from these losers?  I have
tried contacting customer support and technical support and have
spoken with numerous supervisors and still nothing.  Are these idiots
just swamped and cannot keep up with the "escalated" volum or do they
just plain old suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyways, please let me know if you
guys have had or are having the same problem and how you are handling
or have handled the problems.

Getting online

Post by Jim » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 04:50:39

Paul -  I can feel for ya even though I've not experienced it.

Over and over and over we caution folx about getting evolved with DSL when MSN is the ISP and your local Telco is the DSL provider.

I have Verizon DSL, and a direct phone number to the sales person in Boca Raton and one for the Tech support in North LA country Cal.  My ISP is three blocks from here and I stop in for coffee a few mornings a week - so there is NO problem getting to them if there is (which there hasn't been) a problem.

How does one expect good service when two entities are in the loop and each can and will blame the other for poor and/or no service.

Can you just cancel from MSN and go with your local DSL provider and use them as an ISP also?
-Jim-

[...]

Post by Jim » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 14:46:28

Was it pb that you heard/read that from?  <g>
-Jim-

  "DebM"

  And to think, the Broadband service levels are supposedly higher than
  dial-up service levels.
  United we Stand!

Getting online

Post by Jim » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:51:42

This morning she called in near tears.  We now have her msn account canceled.  She is set up with a dial-up at Dynacom for her to use until, and after for that matter, her DSL is on.   Verizon says her line should be set for DSL connectivity by Tuesday before midnight.

I had an install box of goodies that Verizon sent me, that I didn't need 'cause Dynacom loans everything one needs, so I used it for her.  She not has the DSL modem plugged in with the power light on.  All here TCP/IP settings are in.  She has DSL filters on her two phones and one on her dial-up modem.  Once she gets three green lights on the DSL modem she'll call me and I'll walk over and reboot while I have a Verizon Tech on the phone (not necessary but I like them to verify that the 4 frames (packets) are send when a system boots).  I'll hand her the mouse and tell her to have fun.

This stuff is child's play and yet MSN can't figure it out.  I just love it.
-Jim-

  >Was it pb that you heard/read that from?  <g>

  I believe so.  I think it was during our discussions about the then
  upcoming broadband rollout that was to be the greatest thing to
  happend to internet users ever.

  I voiced my reservation of the great increase in numbers of users
  actually sticking to the service after they had any experience with
  msn and customer support, he claimed the service was to be on an
  entirely different tier.  I also seem to remember him saying the
  broadband users wouldn't need all that much support.

  Based on some posts, I can certainly understand why.  If they can't
  get connected, there's nothing to support..

  --
  Deb

  For the first time in years we are not Hyphenated-Americans.
  We are Americans, and United we Stand!

Getting online

Post by Jim » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:15:00

Who's your telco and does your line qualify?
-Jim-

  >This stuff is child's play and yet MSN can't figure it out.  I just love it.

  Come explain how this stuff works to my telco?  I want DSL.