MSN Internet Software doesn't show!

Post by Thom Parke » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 08:26:39

I have been using MSN 8 and determined that I don't need/want it.  I
called MS and cancelled my account for the service.  I went to
add/remove programs to uninstall it.  However, "MSN Internet Software"
is not listed!  How can I uninstall it if it isn't there?

Post by Claude J Orteg » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:20:24

> Depending on your OS, you may be able to get rid of some of it through add/remove components.  MSN 8 is big-time trojan-ware (puts bits and pieces of itself all over your system) so you can never really get rid of it all short of a format.
> -Jim-[ Microsoft-MVP ]
> With MSN, failure is not an option.
> It comes bundled with the service.

>   I have been using MSN 8 and determined that I don't need/want it.  I
>   called MS and cancelled my account for the service.  I went to
>   add/remove programs to uninstall it.  However, "MSN Internet Software"
>   is not listed!  How can I uninstall it if it isn't there?

> [image/jpeg]

If you right click on the MSN Express shortcut, then select properties, then
select find target, you will be placed in the hidden folder that contains the
files that MSN Express uses. What you do with the files is up to you.  :-)

( C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles )

I have show hidden files checked, but that doesn't allow this folder to
display.

( Makes one wonder what other folders are hidden somewhere in Windows ).

Claude

MSN Internet Software doesn't show!

Post by Thom Parke » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:46:32

Thanks, Claude!  Your suggestion led me to the setup folder which also
contained the uninstaller.

Post by Claude J Orteg » Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:16:58

> Thanks, Claude!  Your suggestion led me to the setup folder which also
> contained the uninstaller.

> >> Depending on your OS, you may be able to get rid of some of it
> >> through add/remove components.  MSN 8 is big-time trojan-ware (puts
> >> bits and pieces of itself all over your system) so you can never
> >> really get rid of it all short of a format.
> >> -Jim-[ Microsoft-MVP ]
> >> With MSN, failure is not an option.
> >> It comes bundled with the service.

> >>   determined that I don't need/want it.  I called MS and cancelled
> >>   my account for the service.  I went to add/remove programs to
> >>   uninstall it.  However, "MSN Internet Software" is not listed!
> >> How can I uninstall it if it isn't there?

> >> [image/jpeg]

> > If you right click on the MSN Express shortcut, then select
> > properties, then select find target, you will be placed in the hidden
> > folder that contains the files that MSN Express uses. What you do
> > with the files is up to you.  :-)

> > ( C:\Program Files\MSN\MSNCoreFiles )

> > I have show hidden files checked, but that doesn't allow this folder
> > to display.

> > ( Makes one wonder what other folders are hidden somewhere in Windows
> > ).

> > Claude

You're welcome Thom.

BTW: I just found that if I uncheck 'hide system files' in Tools/File
options/view, that the MSNCore... folder becomes visible.

Claude

1. MSN Messenger contact list doesn't show me online when i am

One of my friend's has MSN Messenger.  His contacts list
always shows me to be offline.  I already checked to make
sure I do not have him blocked.  He has repeatedly deleted
me and readded my name to his list.  Nothing works though!!

Please Help!!!

Thanks,
Michelle

2. Epson600

3. Why Doesn't MSN say they have a problem with MSN mail on msn.com

4. Sony ATAPI cdrom driver....Where?

5. MSN 8 Software doesn't recognize this user

6. Hotfix deployment: HFNETCHK or SUS?

7. ActiveHome software doesn't 'poll' the modules for status???

8. sh ell account

9. Umax astra 1220p doesn't show

10. 'Ken Burns' slide show software

11. PROM doesn't show up on black box

12. routing table doesn't show the entries with mask 255.255.255.255