MSN Messenger and Norton Firewall

Post by Biotec » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:03:51

When I start my PC, MSN Messenger will not connect
automatically even though I stated so. I believe it could
be that my MSN Messenger is loading before my Norton
firewall, and the connection is blocked. Could that be
so? The funny thing is that Windows Messenger doesn't
seem to be affected by this problem since it loads after
the Norton Firewall.  Is there something I can do to get
MSN Messenger 6 to automatically logged me in when I
first start my PC (and login of course)? Thanks.

1. MSN Messenger 5 and Norton Personal Firewall

Hi there,
Today I had an alert that there is a new version of MSN Messenger is
avialable and you need to update, and stupidly I did? (How Did I trust
a software company??!!), after that I couldn't access the internet or
MSN Messenger? I figured that it's the NPF, when I disable it
everything is working perfectly, enable it and I'm in the twilight
zone.
I tried uninstalling it and then installing it, IE worked but MSN
messneger is not working, tried many solutions in Norton "Knowledge"
Database non is useful, can you please tell me how to solve it? before
I ran this MSN update it was working fine, it was also MSN Messenger 5
that I had before the update!!!
Please help
Fajhan

2. Outlook 97 question

3. MSN Messenger 6 and Norton Internet Firewall

4. Duff icons

5. Messenger & norton firewall

6. MsgBox Date Formatting??

7. MSN Messenger and Norton Internet Protection

8. Norton and MSN Messenger

9. Msn Messenger 6 & LAN (Home Network) & Firewall

10. Firewall configuration for MSN messenger

11. Can not sign into MSN Messenger because of firewall

12. Firewall and blocking MSN Messenger