MSN Sign-In refuses Password, Other Passport accesses don't

MSN Sign-In refuses Password, Other Passport accesses don't

Post by Jaz » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:37:55

Consistantly having trouble connecting MSN Messenger.
Normally I would expect it just to be the cause of a bad
route to the server, but I realised that when it tells me
it cannot complete the sign-in process, the reason it
gives is that either my account doesn't exist or my
password is incorrect.

I have used the same passport account and password to
access many MS services without any problem and have
retried extreme numbers of times and so am sure that the
password IS correct and that the account DOES exist.

Is anyone aware of this problem and what causes it?
--
Jaz

MSN Sign-In refuses Password, Other Passport accesses don't

Post by Jay Carma » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 12:03:23

Jaz,

Try going here and resetting your password:

https://memberservices.passport.net/ppsecure/MSRV_ResetPW.
srf?lc=1033&cbid=486

I was experiencing the exact same problem, and I
discovered early this morning that my account had been
hacked when I went the above address and noticed that
my "Secret Question" had been changed to "credit card."

Post by Dimitri Moursella » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:34:38

It sounds like the same problem I am having. Changing the password has no
effect.
Went to MSN Messenger Help and clicked on Take the Tour; got the message
"Sorry ... this feature is not available in your country/region"; I went to
Change Profile and changed my country from Singapore (where I actually am)
to Malaysia; no change; tried changing country to Australia, still no
change.

Are others having the same problem with Take the Tour? Is the message really
correct? If so, is it impossible to use MSN Messenger in certain
countries???

> Consistantly having trouble connecting MSN Messenger.
> Normally I would expect it just to be the cause of a bad
> route to the server, but I realised that when it tells me
> it cannot complete the sign-in process, the reason it
> gives is that either my account doesn't exist or my
> password is incorrect.

> I have used the same passport account and password to
> access many MS services without any problem and have
> retried extreme numbers of times and so am sure that the
> password IS correct and that the account DOES exist.

> Is anyone aware of this problem and what causes it?
> --
> Jaz

1. prob with all .net passport sign-in's

when ever i enter my username and password and click
submit for any of msn services (including
messenger ,hotmail ,my msn etc.) i get message cannot find
server while at the same time i m able to connect to all
other sites other than msn services.
also i m able to connect hotmail thru outlook express.
messsneger can be connected using indiatimes messenger but
both hotmail and messenger when tried directly dont get
connected.
can someone please help.

2. Template and namespace support with native compiler

3. Accessing thru webmin, don't have admin password

4. I am preparing MMR article

5. MSN Messenger: Why don't they let us access all the emoticons using the mouse?

6. A/V compression links

7. sign to net passport msn messinger

8. Citrix licensing question

9. MSN 8.0 sign-in won't dial modem!

10. Cant get MSN net passport page to sign me in

11. MSN Messenger Can't Sign-In Anymore (HELP)

12. passport sign-in

13. Cannot connect for Passport sign-in