MSN Becomes No. 1 DSL Online Service in United States

MSN Becomes No. 1 DSL Online Service in United States

Post by Bob » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 04:50:53

Happy reading! Life is good!

Blue Skies,

Bob

The MSN? network of Internet services today announced that
through alliances with leading DSL providers such as
Verizon Communications and through delivering MSN
Broadband nationwide, MSN will become the preferred online
service to more DSL households in the United States than
any other online service. MSN leads the industry in online
DSL services as the preferred online service for both
Verizon Communications and Qwest Communications
International Inc., which serve nearly half the DSL
market. In addition to these leading alliances, MSN
Broadband Internet Access is now available nationwide
directly from MSN and other retail partners, reaching 70
markets nationwide and more than 90 percent of DSL-capable
households. More information on the MSN announcement with
Verizon today can be found at
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/.

"With our new alliance with Verizon Communications and the
expansion of our MSN Broadband Internet Access service
nationwide, MSN is clearly the leader in online services
for the DSL market," said Yusuf Mehdi, vice president of
MSN. "MSN continues to deliver innovative new technology
that offers consumers the most exciting online experience
available. The new version of MSN that will be available
this fall will set a new standard of excellence for what
consumers can expect from their online service provider."

Leading Alliances Establish MSN as No. 1 Broadband Online
Service

MSN currently serves as an Internet service provider
(ISP), delivering broadband Internet access directly to
customers and through a strategic relationship with Qwest.
MSN also is valued premium services partner to other ISPs,
such as Verizon Communications and Charter Communications.
These relationships enable MSN to strategically partner
with leading telecommunication and cable providers to
deliver leading-edge subscription services to a broader
set of consumers. Consumers will see the benefit of the
new MSN relationship with Verizon (announced separately
today) through a cobranded service that will be delivered
early next year over Verizon's 34 million DSL-capable
access lines. The cobranded service will deliver a range
of broadband-enhanced applications and content through a
unique, customized browser that features advanced MSN
services and content.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2002/Jun02/06-
20NumberOneDSLpr.asp

MSN Becomes No. 1 DSL Online Service in United States

Post by Brian Kvalheim [MVP » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 04:51:31

You know Bob, the *veterans* and *English teacher* of this newsgroup will
turn your headline into some sort of lies and deceit. Just an FYI :-)

--
Brian Kvalheim

Microsoft Publisher MVP
For FAQ's, Templates and More:
http://www.mvps.org/publisher

[...]

---

MSN Becomes No. 1 DSL Online Service in United States

Post by Jim » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 05:03:23

Ya - Ya - Ya -

How do YOU spell  Q W E S T

Now do YOU spell S O U T H W E S T  B E L L

How do YOU spell  N O R T H P O I N T E

How do YOU spell  C H A R T E R  P I P E L I N E

hOW DO you SPELL  msn  I S D N

And - do I hear an ETC?

You msn broadband hypes are a real hoot.  PLEASE keep it up!

Ya want another, similar in importance in the *real* world, tip?  Shhhhh.  MSN is "launching", "soft-launching", "interim releasing", "maybe", "should be", "most likely", "around", "about", "I think", "they hope" soon, a new "world class" content and service.

-Jim-
With MSN, failure is not an option.
It comes bundled with the service.

[...]

Post by val » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 07:27:29

Quote:> You know Bob, the *veterans* and *English teacher* of

Re: MSN Becomes No. 1 DSL Online Service in United States

BK mvpshill:

Good Call,

It's not often that I agree with your postings but on this one you were exactly ON THE MONEY.

* (the wannabee shill), posted:
[...]

.....posted
the *veterans* and *English teacher* of this newsgroup will

Quote:> turn your headline into some sort of lies and deceit. > Brian Kvalheim

Exactly correct on your part.
* "headline", is, of course, a cut/paste of typical msn/msft "......deceit".

* obviously isn't capable of comprehending what he/she reads prior to reposting the company spin.
That you seconded his/her repost of corporate spin without taking at least a moment to try and understand what you were seconding, puts you in the same ballpark (no suprise there to those who have witnessed your antics in this NG).

Not sure if you include me in either or both of your classifications of "veterans" or "English teachers", but if you do - I'm honored.

Regardless, let's consider the reprint of the corporate spin to which you aligned yourself.

"The MSN? network of Internet services today announced that
through alliances with leading DSL providers such as
Verizon Communications and through delivering MSN
Broadband nationwide, MSN will become the preferred.....

Now - let's consider the Subject Line which you pounced on and couldn't agree with quicker:

Re: MSN Becomes No. 1 DSL Online Service in United States

Even if one were foolish enough to blindly accept the msn/msft press release at face value (clue - "foolish" is the operative word here),

they should at least exhibit a basic comprehension of the English language post second grade.

NO PLACE in the press release does it state "msn becomes no. 1 dsl online service......"

That you and * consider it "blue skies", "happy reading", and/or a reason to level yet another personal attack (your slick approach notwithstanding), pretty much sums up your understanding of reality.

Have a good day and "thank you for......

MSN Becomes No. 1 DSL Online Service in United States

Post by Sandi - Microsoft MV » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 12:42:58

Quote:> You know Bob, the *veterans* and *English teacher* of this newsgroup will
> turn your headline into some sort of lies and deceit. Just an FYI :-)

A tactic that is effective as 'the boy who cried wolf'.

--

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi Hardmeier

MSN Becomes No. 1 DSL Online Service in United States

Post by Sandi - Microsoft MV » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:13:31

Quote:> A home-run val!

Oh well, everybody lucks out occasionally <G>

--

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi Hardmeier
Microsoft MVP (Internet Explorer and Outlook Express)
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/

MSN Becomes No. 1 DSL Online Service in United States

Post by Paul Britton Jr » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:23:03

Hello Bob,

   Thx for the post...life is indeed good.  MSN has hung in there,
persisted, and has been able to produce the type of meaningful & deep
relationships that are extremely beneficial for both parties.

   For clairfication's sake...MSN is not yet the #1 DSL provider in terms of
paying subscribers, but the #1 DSL provider in terms of reach...they offer
service in more areas than any other singular ISP.  In addition, MSN
Broadband has a relationship with Charter Communications which is fruitful.

Paul

[...]

Post by val » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:38:03

Quote:> Hello Bob,

>    Thx for the post...life is indeed good.  MSN has hung in there,
> persisted, and has been able to produce the type of meaningful & deep
> relationships that are extremely beneficial for both parties.

Yes, "life is indeed good"
Would "WorldCom" be one of those "meaningful & deep relationships that are extremely beneficial for both parties" be what you had it mind?

Or, would it have been Quest, or, ...........?

Could you explain that "msn has hung in there,....." part again?
I missed something.

1. Date Format Conversion - United States -> United Kingdom

I currently have a spreadsheet with dates in.  The only problem is that the
dates are in United States format mm/dd/yyyy.

I need to convert the dates to United Kingdom format - dd/mm/yyyy.

Can anyone advise how this can be done?  Are there any formuales?

Thanks in advance for any help, anyone is able to give.

Chris

2. Wanted: LispEditor

3. United States Postal Service joins Microsoft

4. Notes server not found !

5. Xbox online and msn DSL

6. --> Looking for someting like DEVGUIDE <--

7. How Do I Sign Up For MSN DSL Service?

8. Serial Printing

9. MSN DSL Service (long, but interesting)

10. United Roller Company becomes SYN-TAC distributor

11. Sprintscan 4000 Rebate Coupon Now on web site United States only

12. The United States can pull the Xbox through!

13. 2007 Miss Hawaiian Tropic United States Finals Episode #2