MSN 6 Slow File Transfer

Post by Bhavin Mistr » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:46:28

I was using Windows Messenger 4.7 before. I'm behind an ISA Server, with the
setting (msmsgs) on the ISA server which allows messenger file transfers
from internal machines.

I would usually get around 80Kb/sec sending file to others, didn't matter if
the other people were behind routers or not.

With MSN Messenger 6, I only can get like 1-2KB/sec. I even tried to
duplicate the ISA server setting that i had for Windows Messegner for MSN
Messenger (msnmsgr).

Any clues?

thanks,
Bhavin

1. HELP! Kermit file transfer has slowed!

I'm running ckermit for OS/2 5A(191) on my PC under OS/2 WARP; my
internet provider has HP9000's and is running ckermit 5A(190).  I
connect to my provider via com2 and a Practical Peripherals PM144MTII.

For some reason that I have not been able to determine, my kermit file
transfer rate has dropped from near 1600 cps to 1300 cps. I've noticed
that I am frequently using sliding windows; when my kermit file
transfer was working well, I rarely used more than one window.

When using sz and rz (the p programs on OS/2) the file transfer rate
still remains near 1600 cps. I've tried just about everything I can
think of, packet size, control prefixes, window size, buffer size, but
I can't resolve the problem.  The only changes I've made recently were
to upgrade to WARP and to ckermit OS/2 5A(191) (from 190).

If anyone has any insight into this problem, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!!

--
Joe Huber

817-557-3186

2. Is there such a thing: Commador 64

3. File transfers are too slow

4. coredll.dll

5. File Transfer Msn 6.0

6. PVCS VM 6.0

7. MSN Messenger Service Cannot Perform File Transfers or Make Voice Connections Through NAT

8. OpenVMS and nfs client.

9. File transfers in MSN 5

10. MSN Messanger file transfer

11. File transfer Win Messenger to MSN Messenger

12. File transfers with MSN

13. What port does MSN uses for File transfer?