cannot sign into messenger

Post by Sean » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:43:27

I was on this morning and signed into windows messenger
successfully. Now i cannot sign into messenger using my
own passport, but my sister can sign in using hers. I have
not changed my password and I am typing everything in
correctly. I am still able to sign into my hotmail
accounts however. This is the second time this has
happened to me. I tried the first time to research and
cure the problem, but it isn't a problem on my end. I
ended up getting a new passport and email address, but
this is a major hassel, as each time i have to redo all
my  contacts. Can anybody tell me what is going on?

cannot sign into messenger

Post by Jonathan Kay [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 03:28:23

Greetings Sean,

There were some slight Passport issues and signing into Messenger about the time you sent
this message.  Try again.
Jonathan Kay
Windows MVP, Messenger
Associate Expert

Quote:> I was on this morning and signed into windows messenger
> successfully. Now i cannot sign into messenger using my
> own passport, but my sister can sign in using hers. I have
> not changed my password and I am typing everything in
> correctly. I am still able to sign into my hotmail
> accounts however. This is the second time this has
> happened to me. I tried the first time to research and
> cure the problem, but it isn't a problem on my end. I
> ended up getting a new passport and email address, but
> this is a major hassel, as each time i have to redo all
> my  contacts. Can anybody tell me what is going on?

1. Cannot Sign-In Messenger 4.5

High,
I have 2 PC's (one W2K, one NT4.0) with a router via ADSL on the WWW.
IE and OExpress work perfectly.
Messenger 2.2 on one of the machines worked OK.

I just upgraded it to Messenger 4.5. I cannot sign in anymore and get this
message:
"We were unable to sign you in to .NET messenger service, possible because
of a problem with the service or with your Internet connection. Please make
sure that you are connected to the Internet".

I AM connected and use a valid hotmail account also. Also the .NET service
status is OK. THis happens even with firewall of although the documentation
says signing in should at least always work....

Bug in Messenger 4.5? Or am I overlooking something.

Wilfried

2. Comm ports and PCMCIA cards...

3. Cannot Get My Icons to Make Messenger Sign In Window Appear

4. Placing repeaters inside a datalist

5. cannot sign into msn messenger version 6

6. Appending to a RichText Field

7. cannot sign into msn messenger

8. 9402 236 ?????

9. Cannot sign in to MSN Messenger or Hotmail

10. Cannot sign OUT of Messenger or receive messages

11. cannot sign in to messenger with a different passport

12. cannot sign on to msn messenger

13. Cannot sign in to MSN messenger or access hotmail