Laserwriter 8.4.x and InPositionLite won't work...

Laserwriter 8.4.x and InPositionLite won't work...

Post by Lennart T?rnquis » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

My Inposition & InpositionLite for Quark doesn't work unless I use the
PSPrinter driver in my Mac. Anyone seen an updater or something???

Post by Markintoshforeve » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> My Inposition & InpositionLite for Quark doesn't work unless I use the
> PSPrinter driver in my Mac. Anyone seen an updater or something???

So what's wrong with using PSPrinter?

--
---------------------------------------
Markintoshforever

Macintosh: Drink upstream from the herd...

Post by John Doher » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

| > Inposition... doesn't work unless I use the PSPrinter driver
|
| So what's wrong with using PSPrinter?

Nothing I've seen, except for the QuarkXPress balloon help bug (if you use
PSP8.3 or greater, QXP crashes your whole machine when you try to print if
it can find its balloon help file: what balloon help and printing have to
do with each other is a question Quark, Inc. will have to answer).

IMHO, since Adobe's PSP8.x print drivers have been available, they've been
better choices than Apple's more-or-less comparable LW8.x drivers (LW8.x
doesn't trigger the QXP balloon help bug, but it has more problems with
MM fonts).

Laserwriter 8.4.x and InPositionLite won't work...

Post by Lennart T?rnquis » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

The PS Printer SPOOLS the entire printfile to disk, where as Laserwriter
8.4.x prints "in the foreground"...
   Regarding small files, that may be Okay, but in my case, and in most
others, I have very large Postscript files, even if I make Low
resoulution samples, and why make the job twice??? I have better things
to do with my mac, than lock it up with printing.

Anyway. I guess I'll have to go inside and edit the resources by now, so
I can get my own stylished Laserwriter in a near future..

Thanks for replying, by the way

Lennart

Post by Markintoshforeve » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> | So what's wrong with using PSPrinter?

> Nothing I've seen, except for the QuarkXPress balloon help bug (if you use
> PSP8.3 or greater, QXP crashes your whole machine when you try to print if
> it can find its balloon help file: what balloon help and printing have to
> do with each other is a question Quark, Inc. will have to answer).

Okay, that explains what happened when I took PSPrinter 8.5.1 for a test
run last week... will try it again w/o the helium.

Quote:

> IMHO, since Adobe's PSP8.x print drivers have been available, they've been
> better choices than Apple's more-or-less comparable LW8.x drivers (LW8.x
> doesn't trigger the QXP balloon help bug, but it has more problems with
> MM fonts).

Mm, printer drivers seem to be a bit of a personal / site specific
choice. We've mostly migrated off LW7 drivers, mostly to PSPrinter 8.3.1
and LW8.1.1 and just recently introduced 8.5.1 to the toolbox.

--
Markintoshforever

Macintosh: Drink upstream from the herd...