Early users of High Speed Laser Color Copiers/Printers

Early users of High Speed Laser Color Copiers/Printers

Post by RSah » Mon, 07 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am interested in getting customer feedback from the early users of
1. Xerox DocuColor 40 (Spontane)
2. Canon 1000
3. Oce Eurocolor 3125C

As a consultant, I am writing a report on this topic. I greatly appreciate
your help.

Ravi Sahay

Post by Tom Morni » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: I am interested in getting customer feedback from the early users of
: 1. Xerox DocuColor 40 (Spontane)

We've had our Spontane for approximately 6 weeks.

Customers love it. Color is very good, output quality in general is
far better than Kodak 1550+ (Canon 550+) with Fiery 200i RIP. The
Scitex anti-aliasing on line-art is fantastic.

Machine has over 21,000 clicks and is so far service free!

The only drawback so far is RIP speed. The Scitex ripping process is
very slow, especially if you only want one. The situation is much
better if the run is longer, or if you need re-prints in the future,
where the Scitex Ready-To-Print concept is fantastic.

This is not to say that the RIP gets faster if you need more than one
print, just that the extraordinarily long RIP times are less of a
workflow disruption on long runs, since the RIP time is likely to be
a smaller percentage of total job time than if you want a single print.

And, if you need more later, the fact that it is instantly ready to
start printing, after a job has already been RIPed and printed, is
really a great thing! Imagine 100% certainty that you can re-run
the job with absolutely no chance of changes...

Disappointments are the machine's extreme finikiness regarding paper.
Duplex printing on anything but copier-weight (28lb or less) paper
must be run through the bypass tray, which only holds 15-40 sheets
at a time (depending on paper weight). Back side printing is VERY
sensitive to slight paper defects, and also brand of paper.

When running out of the internal trays (28lb paper or less) this
machine is absolutely stunning!

-- Tom Mornini
-- InfoMania

1. all-in-one digital high-speed scanner/printer/copier

Hi, after look at the spec of the new Xerox digital copier, I don't think it
would do as a regular scanner (but would work as a laser printer).. am I
getting the wrong impression? Is there a all-purpose but affordable
all-in-one laser printer/scanner/copier available on the market now? I'm
looking for a high-speed scanner that I could archive my documents and save
them as image files (don't need to have OCR) and then burn them as CDR for
archive.. is there a product like this now? Thanks!
if possible, could you please cc me a email copy of your reply? Thanks! :-)

2. Winodw List

3. >>>>Colour Laser Printer/Copier<<<<

4. CRC for packets

5. EPP and Scanner question.

6. High-speed laser printer recommendation needed

7. TeX 2 Disc Typesetting CDROM Set

8. Info on High Speed Disk Copiers?

9. Color on color laser printer

10. attention! computer, copier, fax, laser printer, repair persons!

11. Xerox XE80 Laser Printer/Copier