Need apple script help

Post by CMY » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I am looking for a script that will get the 4 coordinates of a selected box

I have the text of a similar script but I can not get it to work

Can anyone help?
GL

Need apple script help

Post by HShiel » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Try this:

Tell application "QuarkXPress"
    tell document 1
       if exists (current box) then
          tell current box
             get bounds
          end tell
       end if
    end tell
end tell

This script will get the bounds of a selected box.

Happy scripting,
Harold

Need apple script help

Post by DJ Feldmeye » Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I am looking for a script that will get the 4 coordinates of a selected box

> I have the text of a similar script but I can not get it to work

> Can anyone help?
> GL

Try the following:

tell application "QuarkXPress?"
        get bounds of selection
end tell

There's a couple of caveats I've found. If the selection is a text box,
it works if it's selected with the item tool, but not the content tool.
On the other hand, it works for a grouped picture box only with the
content tool. There is probably a more esthetically pleasing way to
return a valid reference regardless of the tool or type of box.

HIH, DJ

1. help needed with an apple script problem

help needed with an apple script problem

I'm having problems with an apple script that
sets all picture boxes in a document containing a tiff or pict file to White
to avoid printing problems associated with imagesetter's, tiff/picts, and
none coloured picture boxes.

The error i get is:
Cant get color of picture box 1 of document 1 of application
"QuarXpress(TM)".
Access not allowed.

The point at with the error occurs in the script is at the word "null" in
the line:
if color of picture box i = null then

Here is the section of the script that contains that line:

repeat with i from 1 to count of picture boxes
      if color of picture box i = null then
       if file type of image i is TIFF picture or ?
        file type of image i is picture then
        if image type of image i != line art image then
         set color of picture box i to "White"

any help greatly appreciated
andy

2. Lexmark Z31 printer ---as good as Z51?

3. Help really needed in this script: error: Prematue end of script header

4. EPSON COLOUR STYLUS 400 and NT V4.0 problems ?

5. HELP... Apple OneScanner Dispatcher Disk 1 Needed

6. What's the difference WEb1.01 and WEb950331?

7. Need Ofoto help for Apple ColorOne Scanner

8. 1. Netbackup Engineer / Houston, TX & Columbus, OH // 2. JAVA/J2EE Developer / Charlotte, NC // 3. Business Analyst / Jersey City, NJ

9. Need help printing non-PostScript files on Apple LaserWriter

10. apples script and exchange

11. :dde /apple script connection to acrobat?

12. Helios/FileRouter/Corona/AppleScript = DIY workflow in prepress

13. Apple scripts archive?