Vector maps set to output res of 300

Post by Stan The Ma » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I noticed on opening them in Illustrator that some good quality vector
world maps and globes (all with country borders) I bought had been
saved to the CD with an output resolution of 300, compared to
Illustrator's default of 800. I'm assuming this is because of the
complexity of the paths and that they would take forever to RIP at 800.
OTOH, 300 seems low and I'm a bit concerned about the output quality.
Could someone please reassure me?

Thanks

Stan

--
Stan The Man
+++* Under This Macintosh+++

Vector maps set to output res of 300

Post by Tiina Talvit » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> OTOH, 300 seems low and I'm a bit concerned about the output quality.
> Could someone please reassure me?

Of course the resolution is not optimal, but remember still the personal
laser writers that printed 300 dpi?  Is that quality enough for you? If
yes, then don't worry, be happy...  :-)

Quote:

> Thanks

You're welcome

Quote:> Stan

Vector maps set to output res of 300

Post by Stan The Ma » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>> OTOH, 300 seems low and I'm a bit concerned about the output quality.
>> Could someone please reassure me?

>Of course the resolution is not optimal, but remember still the personal
>laser writers that printed 300 dpi?  Is that quality enough for you? If
>yes, then don't worry, be happy...  :-)

Er, no. This is going to an imagesetter - not desktop printing.

Stan

--
Stan The Man
+++* Under This Macintosh+++

1. extra 300 extra 300 extra 300

I need help, i try to find a extra 300 aerobatic  airplanes. I try whit
the estra 300 of fsfw95 but many te.xtures are missing(ex:gear,under
main wing...). Please help me to find a extra 300 that i can paint who
will be use to make formation flight in fs98. Thank you very much.

Claude Qubec,Canada

2. Why do MDI child's bitmaps disappear?

3. Res. Question: 300 X 600 ???

4. WSA or not

5. RES: RES: [GENERAL] set DateStyle to 'SQL'

6. Un-Wired PalmPilot Users (Re: TI Avigo/PalmPilot)

7. Horizontal Bands in output on Linotronic 300

8. WindView time stamp driver

9. how i set up a sony sdx-300 back-up in windows 2000 server??

10. Distiller 3.0 - how to set default of 300 dpi?

11. Floppy Drive Setting Epson SMD-300

12. Tool set for H8/300

13. Adjusting Grid spacing so that I can layout an area 300 ft. by 300 ft