Corporate Business Cards

Post by Olive » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Internet application - P/3 - that automates the ordering and production
management of CORPORATE business cards, a notoriously difficult and
unprofitable product for commercial printers.

The system produces substantial cost savings and opens opportunities
for pursuing new accounts by using business cards as lead-in product.

The application is Internet/Web based and enables on-line

 - card template(s) layout
 - enforcement of corporate identiy rules
 - enforcement of corporate business rules (e.g., approval routings)
 - order management
 - imposition management
 - production scheduling
 - order matching and billing

for CORPORATE business cards (e.g., Fortune 1000).

We license the product to commercial printers who make it available as
a service to corporate customers.  In addition to a small set-up fee,
printers
pay for the system on a per transaction (i.e., confirmed order) basis.

Printers and their customers access the system through a standard
web browser without the need to know, or invest in, additional software,
hardware or information systems staff.  A dial-up connection to the
Internet is sufficient to use both the ordering and production parts of
the system.

P/3 system is in commercial use by several major corporations today.

1. Scanning business cards: Do I really need a special card scanner?

We don't have a business card scanner here at work....
but do have regular flatbed scanners.

Could I line up all these business cards on a flatbed
scanner..... scan then en mass..... and somehow break
them up into individual files for import into Outlook
contacts folder?

Bottom line... anyway to use a reg flat bed scanners to
scan business cards and get then into Outlook??

2. Outlook Express e-mail (Revised per postscript)

3. Business Card Scanners, need recommendations

4. ODBC Driver Manager under UNIX

5. Business Cards

6. XML Parse Error

7. Is there software to scan business cards?

8. scaled graphics

9. Business card scanners

10. Business card Scanner?

11. Business Card Scanner software

12. Business Card Scanner recomendations