PC Quark bleeds disappear when saving PostScript??

PC Quark bleeds disappear when saving PostScript??

Post by PD » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi, I work in a cross-platform service bureau, and we have been working on
a particular problem for some time now. I'm posting here out of desperation
in case someone can help me.

The problem is, that when we try to save PostScript files from PC Quark to
take into TrapWise or PressWise, the bleeds get chopped right off. The same
thing happens when saving the page as EPS. I was wondering if anyone knew
of an Xtension or a way of getting around this problem at all. I find it
hard to believe that we are the only service bureau in the world who has
this problem with PC Quark.

We are using TrapWise and PressWise on the Mac side; however the problem
seems to be at the "print to file" stage. We've been experimenting with
modifying the actual Postscript text, but this is extremely time-consuming.
We also tried saving the pages as EPS and opening them in Illustrator, but
this creates a huge amount of masking nightmares and all kinds of funky
font thingies, etc.

So anyway if you can help, please send reply to this address, attention Paula H.

Thank you!

PC Quark bleeds disappear when saving PostScript??

Post by FunF » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

You must download the PS utilities Xtension from Quark (free)

>Hi, I work in a cross-platform service bureau, and we have been working on
>a particular problem for some time now. I'm posting here out of desperation
>in case someone can help me.

>The problem is, that when we try to save PostScript files from PC Quark to
>take into TrapWise or PressWise, the bleeds get chopped right off. The same
>thing happens when saving the page as EPS. I was wondering if anyone knew
>of an Xtension or a way of getting around this problem at all. I find it
>hard to believe that we are the only service bureau in the world who has
>this problem with PC Quark.

>We are using TrapWise and PressWise on the Mac side; however the problem
>seems to be at the "print to file" stage. We've been experimenting with
>modifying the actual Postscript text, but this is extremely time-consuming.
>We also tried saving the pages as EPS and opening them in Illustrator, but
>this creates a huge amount of masking nightmares and all kinds of funky
>font thingies, etc.

>So anyway if you can help, please send reply to this address, attention Paula
> H.

>Thank you!

PC Quark bleeds disappear when saving PostScript??

Post by June Curtic » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

You might e-mail Quark with this. They are excellent about responding
promptly.
http://www.quark.com/tsemail.htm

> Hi, I work in a cross-platform service bureau, and we have been working on
> a particular problem for some time now. I'm posting here out of desperation
> in case someone can help me.

> The problem is, that when we try to save PostScript files from PC Quark to
> take into TrapWise or PressWise, the bleeds get chopped right off. The same
> thing happens when saving the page as EPS. I was wondering if anyone knew
> of an Xtension or a way of getting around this problem at all. I find it
> hard to believe that we are the only service bureau in the world who has
> this problem with PC Quark.

> We are using TrapWise and PressWise on the Mac side; however the problem
> seems to be at the "print to file" stage. We've been experimenting with
> modifying the actual Postscript text, but this is extremely time-consuming.
> We also tried saving the pages as EPS and opening them in Illustrator, but
> this creates a huge amount of masking nightmares and all kinds of funky
> font thingies, etc.

> So anyway if you can help, please send reply to this address, attention Paula H.

> Thank you!

1. Inserted pictures disappear when saved as PostScript

Hello everyone: I'm new here but I have been working on
fixing the
following problem for days without luck. I'd really
appreciate any
help!

I made a big poster (36in x 90in) in Visio 2002 Prof in
which I
inserted 4 pictures (I tried different formats including
gif, jpg,
etc). So far not a problem, but when I save the file as a
PostScript
(.ps or .eps) file it works fine except that none of
these pictures is
there (i.e. in the saved .ps file).

Any help will be really appreciated.

2. Where to get Indigo FDDI boards?

3. Modems

4. Bleed in Quark 5 different from Quark 4?

5. square root of negative value. + or - ?

6. File saving problems with Quark 3.32/PC

7. Network Ethernet Card Address

8. Quark: Save and Save As problems....

9. saving a pdf for press with full bleed

10. Quark to PDF (bleeds)

11. Exportting Quark w/ Traps AND Bleeds?

12. Printing bleeds from Quark w/out crop marks?