Hi, I work in a cross-platform service bureau, and we have been working on
a particular problem for some time now. I'm posting here out of desperation
in case someone can help me.
The problem is, that when we try to save PostScript files from PC Quark to
take into TrapWise or PressWise, the bleeds get chopped right off. The same
thing happens when saving the page as EPS. I was wondering if anyone knew
of an Xtension or a way of getting around this problem at all. I find it
hard to believe that we are the only service bureau in the world who has
this problem with PC Quark.
We are using TrapWise and PressWise on the Mac side; however the problem
seems to be at the "print to file" stage. We've been experimenting with
modifying the actual Postscript text, but this is extremely time-consuming.
We also tried saving the pages as EPS and opening them in Illustrator, but
this creates a huge amount of masking nightmares and all kinds of funky
font thingies, etc.
So anyway if you can help, please send reply to this address, attention Paula H.