Baseline Grid - How do I alter the spacing of the grid?

Baseline Grid - How do I alter the spacing of the grid?

Post by Paul Readin » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:12:45

I want to change the baseline grid as I can only use characters up to 9pt
without it jumping to alternate lines. How do I have the grid spacing
larger?

Thanks.

Post by Paul Readin » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:22:44

> I want to change the baseline grid as I can only use characters up to 9pt
> without it jumping to alternate lines. How do I have the grid spacing
> larger?

> Thanks.

I should add that I am talking about Quark Express.

Baseline Grid - How do I alter the spacing of the grid?

Post by Eric Gil » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:34:35

Quote:> I want to change the baseline grid as I can only use characters up to 9pt
> without it jumping to alternate lines. How do I have the grid spacing
> larger?

Edit>Preferences>Document>Paragraph

The main problem is your leading. Pull it down and your lines may still
fit.

1. URGENT WTB: Harddrive for Grid portable 386 (Grid 1450sx)

If posted to wrong newsgroup, please forgive me as I'm getting desperate...

My harddisk is dying, and I can't afford to by another computer....

Specs for the original drive is as follows:

 Manuf./Model: PrairieTek  40MB - PT240A
 Serial Number: 2019723BNLUW301000D
 Firmware Rev.: 2174005K

 Drive Reports- Heads:   4    Cylinders:   615  Sects/Trk:  34
 BIOS Reports - Heads:   4    Cylinders:   614  Sects/Trk:  34
 HDPT Data    - Heads:   4    Cylinders:   615  Sects/Trk:  34

 Formatted Capacity: 42.82MB     Transfer Rate: 5 MBITS/SEC
 Data Encoding: NON-MFM       Drive Media: FIXED
 Inter-Sector Bytes: 0               Sectoring: HARD SECTORED
 Sync Field Bytes: 0             Buffer Size: 2 SECTORS
 Defect Reallocation: YES       Double-Word I/O: NO
 Controller Type: SINGLE-PORT SINGLE-SECTOR BUFFER

 Bytes/Logical Trk: 22032 (Unformatted)
 Bytes/Sector: 648   (Unformatted)

(Norton System information says it's a Type 26 in the cmos, but gridscan.exe
(came with the computer, special setup software) says it is type 11).

It is a 2.5 inch drive, but with a 3.5 inch data-connector (adapters are no
problem so this is close to irrelevant)

If you have such a drive, or know of anyone who has, or know of a company who
sells such drives

_or_

if you have a larger drive that can replace the above, or know of anyone.... or
company

PLEASE let me know.

I have tried to use a 3.5 inch drive, but had to use special software
(Anydrive.exe) to modify the bootstrap to "fool" the computer into "seeing" the
drive, this is  a solution I'm not afraid of using again (I think I'll have to
with a larger drive).

thanks
Kristian

2. TEACHING FUZZY SYSTEMS WORKSHOP

3. GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing (wide-are

4. Canadian Government Provides Tax Relief to Small Businesses for Year 2000

5. CFP- GRID'2000: International Workshop on Grid Computing

6. Secret MFC key combination?

7. Interpol. irregular grid to irregular grid

8. ANN:RenderSoft VRML Editor v1.4 (Latest Version!)

9. Float Grid/ Integer Grid in arc/info , arcview

10. Grid and Grid coordinates on View

11. InDesign Baseline grid?

12. Glitch in TRIGRID using grid spacing

13. minimum grid spacing