Internal error, FrontPage 2000. Ideas please?

Internal error, FrontPage 2000. Ideas please?

Post by Brett Anderso » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:04:33

When I select "open web", or when I try to save a brand new page in a web, I
get the same error.

The dialogue box opens as usual, giving a list of webs. When I double click
on the web name, the dialogue box is supposed to move into that web, just
like Windows Explorer. Instead, I get an error message that says:

The current operation cannot be completed because an unexpected error has
occurred.

If I select OK (the only available button on the message), I'm left with a
blank dialogue box, that has the correct web title for the web I just double
clicked on, but it lists no files or folders.  Clicking Open on that
dialogue box will open the web as normal and everything works perfectly from
then on, except.....

When trying to save a new page, I click on save, the dialogue box opens up
automatically for me to choose where to save the file, but the exact same
warning box appears automatically also.  If I click OK, I again get an empty
dialogue box, instead of a file/folder list. Clicking save on the dialogue
box brings back the warning box.  If I click OK on the warning, then Save on
the dialogue box, the cycle will repeat 3 or 4 times, then the page will be
saved in the root of that web which I'm in.

At that point, I can go and move the file into the folder I wanted it in,
but if I wanted it in a sub web, I have to cut and paste the file to get it
there, drag and drop doesn't work.

I'm running SalesCart2.6 plug in for FP2K, I have Win2KPro and Office2K
(full versions) on the machine and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling
FP2K with no avail.

While this problem is not causing lost sleep, because it can be worked
around, it is very very annoying.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

--

---------------------------
Now offering BMW special tool rental

1. Cannot install FrontPage 2000 - Internal Error 2898

PC - PIII 450MHZ, 256Mb RAM, 6GB free HDD space, Win Me,
Office 2000 SBE, Norton Utilities 2000, Norton AV 2000,
Zone Alarm firewall.

Problem - FrontPage 2000 installation hangs & will not
complete.

Error log quotes Internal Error 2898 but the MS Knowledge
Base does not seem to list this error.

I believe the problem lies between Internet Explorer V5.5
and an earlier (failed) installation of IE6.

Any help in resolving the problem will be greatfully
received.

2. Drafting Services on line

3. Frontpage 2000..... internal error 2343

4. are there any XML 4.0 SDK Document please?

5. FrontPage 2000 - Internal Error 2343

6. ct GIF to IFF converter on th ST

7. Internal error 2343 on install of FrontPage 2000

8. RCS vs CVS vs ???

9. Frontpage 2000 - Internal Error 2343

10. Getting Internal DNS Error (DNS is not Internal) See Error..

11. FP 2000 - still get internal error 2343 trying to install

12. FP 2000 - still get internal error 2343

13. FP 2000 - Internal Error 2343 when installing - HELP!!!