Sound in Navigator when using background sound in FP98

Sound in Navigator when using background sound in FP98

Post by Dave » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Why when I use different computers all using Netscape 4.0 or higher, I
get no sound from my web site??!!  MI3.0 and higher works fine..

Is there any code I can put in my pages to resolve this?

Thanks,

Dave
http://www.monroe.k12.mi.us/~custweb

Sound in Navigator when using background sound in FP98

Post by Dave Robert » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Dave

Search for Crescendo, there you will find a fix for embedded midi files.
(However, this fix will place an ugly icon on the page to identify the
existance of the sound file!) Unfortunatley there is no other way to have
background music that I know of in netscape. If any one else
knows...........do tell!

Dave

> Why when I use different computers all using Netscape 4.0 or higher, I
> get no sound from my web site??!!  MI3.0 and higher works fine..

> Is there any code I can put in my pages to resolve this?

> Thanks,

> Dave
> http://www.monroe.k12.mi.us/~custweb

Sound in Navigator when using background sound in FP98

Post by Murat Y?ld? » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi;
The embed tag works fine for Netscape. But you have to place it in notepad
after you have finished with FP98. Because it changes the code and uses some
kind of webbot.
<embed src=sound.wav autostart=true hidden=true></embed>
Murat YILDIZ