fp meta tags

Post by CSF » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 00:59:18

I loved not having the FP "generated by" etc meta tags because of Jimco's
addin. But now, because I am using FP2002, I can't use Jimco's addin. In the
mean time, is there a way to remove these tags from my pages? A regedit
perhaps?

--
Now go have a good day.
CSF

fp meta tags

Post by Tom Peppe » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 01:34:51

According to Jimco's web site, the add-ins are compatible with FP2002.  If
you want to remove them, he also gives instructions at www.jimcoaddins.com

--
**********
Tom "Pepper" Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
& Kantankerous Patio Geezer
**********

Quote:> I loved not having the FP "generated by" etc meta tags because of Jimco's
> addin. But now, because I am using FP2002, I can't use Jimco's addin. In
the
> mean time, is there a way to remove these tags from my pages? A regedit
> perhaps?

> --
> Now go have a good day.
> CSF

fp meta tags

Post by Blak » Wed, 04 Jul 2001 01:49:31

I don't have FP2002, but can't you just do a search/replace in HTML?

Quote:> I loved not having the FP "generated by" etc meta tags because of Jimco's
> addin. But now, because I am using FP2002, I can't use Jimco's addin. In
the
> mean time, is there a way to remove these tags from my pages? A regedit
> perhaps?

> --
> Now go have a good day.
> CSF

1. HELP/FP 2000: Removing FP Meta Tags

It seems that an iritating bug from FP98 has gotten worse in FP 2000, so I
was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround.

FP has always placed the title tag at the bottom of the <head> instead of
the top and it has always inserted the MS advertisment tags.

<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
<META NAME="ProgId" CONTENT="FrontPage.Editor.Document">

In FP 98 you could simply drag the title tag to the approriate spot and you
could also delete the MS tags from either the html view, or from the Page
Properties menu. When you saved the page, your changes would remain.

Unfortunately, FP 2000 still places the title tag in the wrong spot and it
also inserts the MS Ads. The problem I am now having is that I can no longer
remove and correct the problems.

Deleting the MS tags from the html view no longer works. You can delete them
from the Page Properties menu, but if you move the title tag to the top,
they return.

The only options I seem to have is to either be forced to include the MS
tags and have my title tags in the proper place, or remove them and live
with them placed at the bottom.

Does anyone know of a way to fix the problem??

Thanks

2. 3D Solids Wire-Frame and Meshes

3. FP meta tags

4. Where to put constant declarations?

5. Search engines & FP META tags

6. Looking for an Envision 220 termcap

7. FP Meta Tags

8. Need MPU-401 Driver, Please

9. How to delete FP meta tags ?

10. Can FP meta tags be left off

11. Meta tag question - how to add global meta tags?

12. meta tags insert before title tag

13. FP Icons and META Tags