Could not resolve the host

Post by LBJG » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I get this error when I try to view a page I'm working on:

"http://cr946309-a/puc/index.htm".

I've reinstalled FP98 but I still have to manually search for the page I'm
working on and open it.  Any ideas how to fix this?  Larry

Could not resolve the host

Post by Mark Rogers, MV » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi Larry,

You may try add ing the "cr946309-a" to your hosts file. I assume that is
the name of your computer. HOSTS or HOSTS.SAM should be in the Windows
directory structure. Edit the file and save it as HOSTS with no extension.
Add the following seperated by tabs.

127.0.0.1    cr946309-a
127.0.0.1    localhost

--
Mark Rogers
Microsoft MVP

_______________ Please Send Replies to Newsgroup ______________

SiteCrafters Internet Services - Whitefish, Montana
Web Site Development & Hosting http://www.SiteCrafters.com
FrontPage 98 Support http://www.SiteCrafters.com/support/fp98

Quote:>I get this error when I try to view a page I'm working on: