Please Help! Search Engine Problem!

Post by B. Elia » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

OK, I'm posting this again because I didn't get any responses...  While
creating a Web Site in Frontpage 98, I noticed errors in the
Hyperlink View tab.  It seems that the Search Engine gives me this
particular error:

    (1) A FrontPage Search component references the "All" word list, but
this word list does not currently exist.

The Help menu contains absolutely nothing on this subject (as usual).  How
do I go about retrieving the "All" word list without *izing my web
site?
I can't seem to get rid of this error, even when creating a new Web Site, I
still encounter the same thing!
Signed,
Frustrated FP User

Please Help! Search Engine Problem!

Post by MS M » Sat, 05 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Try using the Tools | Recalculate Hyperlinks feature to create the word
list. FrontPage doesn't index the site except when you recalculate
hyperlinks. It is supposed to do it upon publishing, but sometimes the
server slips.

        Hope this helps,
        Mark Fitzpatrick
        Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Quote:> OK, I'm posting this again because I didn't get any responses...  While
> creating a Web Site in Frontpage 98, I noticed errors in the
> Hyperlink View tab.  It seems that the Search Engine gives me this
> particular error:

>     (1) A FrontPage Search component references the "All" word list, but
> this word list does not currently exist.

> The Help menu contains absolutely nothing on this subject (as usual).  How
> do I go about retrieving the "All" word list without *izing my web
> site?
> I can't seem to get rid of this error, even when creating a new Web Site,
> still encounter the same thing!
> Signed,
> Frustrated FP User

1. Search Engine: HELP! My Search Engine Died!

I had my search engine working well for months and now it returns "no
documents found" no matter what you type in.  I have used several search
items that should come back with a few pages but no luck.

I deleted and re-created the search page, played with the settings - no
luck.  I also completely re-published the entire web.

It worked before, not sure what happened.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

PS I am using FrontPage 98, publishing to a Unix Server.
FP Extensions 3.0.2.1330
Apache/1.3.1(Unix) FrontPage/3.0.4.2

2. GET RID OF STAMMERING STUTTERING FOREVER

3. My New Site - opinions please (& does V3 re-direction cause search engines problems ?)

4. Image Function

5. Help with Search Engine PLEASE!!

6. Group policy only working at certain times

7. search engine listing and tables question/meta tag help-please?

8. Weird DX records in the registry

9. Please help with search engine ...trouble

10. HELP: FrontPage '98 Form, Search Engine, Extension, and Other Problem

11. Help: FrontPage Search Engine only search root web.

12. Webmasters...Your Input Please - Site Design For Search Engines

13. Help - please! Problem with search forms in FP