Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Post by Todd S » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:59:50

Hi all,
I'm a bit stumped. How do I get FP2002 to do this.
I have a form. I want the result emailed to me, no problem there. I also
want the visitor redirected to one of two pages based on what radio button
they checked on the form, after they press submit.
Can you help? Can FP even do this, if not suggestions please.

Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Post by Stephen Travi » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 04:25:12

You got my attention ;-)

--

Stephen Travis,
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> Hi all,
> I'm a bit stumped. How do I get FP2002 to do this.
> I have a form. I want the result emailed to me, no problem there. I also
> want the visitor redirected to one of two pages based on what radio button
> they checked on the form, after they press submit.
> Can you help? Can FP even do this, if not suggestions please.

Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Post by Todd S » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 06:00:25

Great!
Any thoughts on how to do this?

--
Todd Solomon

> You got my attention ;-)

> --

> Stephen Travis,
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Quote:> > Hi all,
> > I'm a bit stumped. How do I get FP2002 to do this.
> > I have a form. I want the result emailed to me, no problem there. I also
> > want the visitor redirected to one of two pages based on what radio
button
> > they checked on the form, after they press submit.
> > Can you help? Can FP even do this, if not suggestions please.

Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Post by gary » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 06:51:39

I would be really interested in any answers to this question.

Has anyone any ideas

Gary

Quote:> Hi all,
> I'm a bit stumped. How do I get FP2002 to do this.
> I have a form. I want the result emailed to me, no problem there. I also
> want the visitor redirected to one of two pages based on what radio button
> they checked on the form, after they press submit.
> Can you help? Can FP even do this, if not suggestions please.

Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Post by Jail Wor » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 07:45:07

Quote:> Hi all,
> I'm a bit stumped. How do I get FP2002 to do this.
> I have a form. I want the result emailed to me, no problem there. I also
> want the visitor redirected to one of two pages based on what radio button
> they checked on the form, after they press submit.
> Can you help? Can FP even do this, if not suggestions please.

You are going to need some other sort of form handler to do that.

The default FrontPage form system cannot make any action other than moving
the form data, it doesnt LOOK at it, it just sends it (or saves it.)

I'd suggest something like ASP or PERL or whatever you want to use...

Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Post by Stefan B Rusynk » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:29:34

Without using ASP, the FP forms handler will only let you go to 1 confirmation page
You could pass a variable to that confirmation page
and based on the variable value use JavaScript to redirect to the other confirmation page

To pass / use the variable in JavaScript see
http://www.developer.irt.org/script/form.htm#10

--

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

| Hi all,
| I'm a bit stumped. How do I get FP2002 to do this.
| I have a form. I want the result emailed to me, no problem there. I also
| want the visitor redirected to one of two pages based on what radio button
| they checked on the form, after they press submit.
| Can you help? Can FP even do this, if not suggestions please.

Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Post by Todd S » Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:01:43

That's an amazing resource. Many thanks, it's bookmarked!

There's so many things there I am actually have difficulty trying to figure
out which one applies to my situation.

--
Todd Solomon

> Without using ASP, the FP forms handler will only let you go to 1
confirmation page
> You could pass a variable to that confirmation page
> and based on the variable value use JavaScript to redirect to the other
confirmation page

> To pass / use the variable in JavaScript see
> http://www.developer.irt.org/script/form.htm#10

> --

> "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

> To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
>  http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

Quote:> | Hi all,
> | I'm a bit stumped. How do I get FP2002 to do this.
> | I have a form. I want the result emailed to me, no problem there. I also
> | want the visitor redirected to one of two pages based on what radio
button
> | they checked on the form, after they press submit.
> | Can you help? Can FP even do this, if not suggestions please.

Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Post by Todd S » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 05:00:10

That is a great site. thanks for postign it. solved a couple of my js probs.
Quote:> > http://www.developer.irt.org/script/form.htm#10

Urgent: form redirect to one of two pages

Post by MD WebsUnlimite » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:48:49

Hi Todd,

I just got done answering this from our earlier exchange Todd.

You'll need a little JavaScript.

In the onclick or onsubmit events

onclick="setAction(this.form);"

<script>
function setAction(theForm) {

var oRadio = theForm.myradio

for(i=0; i < oRadio.length; i++) {
    if(oRadio[i].checked) {
        theForm.action = oRadio[i].value;
   }

Quote:}
}

Note the action value should be of the form "_vti_bin/shtml.dll/new_page_9.htm" Change new_page_9.htm to the page you wish to redirect to.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage '97 - 02

  Hi all,
  I'm a bit stumped. How do I get FP2002 to do this.
  I have a form. I want the result emailed to me, no problem there. I also
  want the visitor redirected to one of two pages based on what radio button
  they checked on the form, after they press submit.
  Can you help? Can FP even do this, if not suggestions please.

1. URGENT URGENT URGENT ------What the h@8l is going on.------- URGENT URGENT URGENT

I am near the conclusion of a 1 year long project with heavy involvment of
Frontpage 98.  All of the sudden I get an error message from frontpage
saying that my web server does not work.  It is PWS and it runs fine  I
can't open or modify anything. I have tried reinstalling but get the same
problems.  Can anyone help.

THIS IS EXTREMELY URGENT!!!!!!!!

2. vim C indenting question

3. Two types of form input on one page

4. Win98 - how to register a bug?

5. two forms on one page

6. subscribe tranputer

7. one FORM and two PAGES

8. WANTED: Hi-Speed SCSI ($50 or less)

9. One Form and two pages (again...)

10. put two html pages in one page

11. I would like the first page to automatically go to 2nd page after 5 seconds

12. second page captures first page info

13. how do i redirect page after 20 seconds