Problem with collapsible lists in Frontpage

Problem with collapsible lists in Frontpage

Post by sue » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:22:39

Need help. Can't understand why collapsible lists works
ok in the preview pane of frontpage, but doesn't collapse
in the browser mode. Am using Internet Explorer 6.

Problem with collapsible lists in Frontpage

Post by Kevin Spence » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:03:23

Do you have a URL for us to look at?

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
There is an exception to every rule...
Except this one.

Quote:> Need help. Can't understand why collapsible lists works
> ok in the preview pane of frontpage, but doesn't collapse
> in the browser mode. Am using Internet Explorer 6.

Problem with collapsible lists in Frontpage

Post by sue » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:40:13

I think I have kinda figured out the problem. Take a look
at this url for example.

http://www.webworksite.com/collapsible.htm

The example of collapsible lists works fine on the
website. Lets say I now click on "view source" and save
it as a .htm file under notepad. When I reopen this .htm
file locally, the collapsible lists doesn't work anymore,
its all expanded.

Does this mean that a basic html editor cannot properly
execute codes created by Frontpage? Is there any way I
can overcome this problem? Thanks.

Post by sue » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:08:46

sorry, the addy is

http://www.webworksite.com/collapsible.shtml

but I've found the solution. I forgot to upload the
outline.js file to my server *doink* but I do have
another problem. The list is always expanded first before
it collapses while the page loads. Any idea how to
overcome this? Thanks

1. How to create collapsible lists/menus from bulleted list?

I am tearing my hair out because FP doesn't do what I want to to do (there's
a first).

I have created a nested bulleted list of hyperlinks which I want to convert
to a a collapsible menu/list. I right-click the level and enable the option
in the "List Properties" menu, but when I preview it in IE4, it still shows
the nested bulleted list!

What am I doing wrong here?

Any help gladly appreciated....

Thanks

paul
-

Tel UK: 01225 315115                                    Berkeley House
Fax UK: 01225 312923                                    Lower Bristol Road
Tel Int +44 1225 315115                                 Bath BA2 3BH
Fax Int +44 1225 312923                                 United Kingdom
------ The uk.media.tv.sf.x-files Home Page
         http://www.netvision.co.uk/x-files ------------

2. Simple question really

3. Collapsible lists again, still having problems.

4. Free CD Authoring Software for Phillips/Kodak

5. collapsible lists problem.

6. Apache to .NET

7. Collapsible Lists Problem

8. Recommendations needed and warning re Acer

9. Collapsible list problem

10. problem with collapsible list

11. Collapsible lists, Frontpage, Netscape

12. FrontPage Collapsible Lists

13. Collapsible List