Permission problems

Post by Erik Thoma » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I installed Frontpage 98 on my new computer.
The installation-program gave me a username, the name of my pc.
I had to fill in a password twice. Did it. But now I cannot access Frotnpage
at all. Whatever I do I keep on getting the little screen for the permisson.
The permission-button in Tools is blanked out.
Help, waht must I do? I cannot use the program at all.
Strangely enough on my old computer I never had to fill in a username and/or
password. Frontpage always worked ok.

Frank

Permission problems

Post by Tech Suppor » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

go to frontpage server administrator, and add admin, and type in a username
and pass.

Quote:> Hi,

> I installed Frontpage 98 on my new computer.
> The installation-program gave me a username, the name of my pc.
> I had to fill in a password twice. Did it. But now I cannot access
Frotnpage
> at all. Whatever I do I keep on getting the little screen for the
permisson.
> The permission-button in Tools is blanked out.
> Help, waht must I do? I cannot use the program at all.
> Strangely enough on my old computer I never had to fill in a username
and/or
> password. Frontpage always worked ok.

> Frank

1. Permission problem after installed IIS & FP Ext

Hi everybody,

I use FP to upload my web but after i install the IIS and FP Ext it dosen't work.  I cannot upload even i input the correct name and passward.  The error said that i don't have the right to do that please contact the server admin to relaease the right (Chinese WinXP so i don't have the english error message).

I have found out that there may be something wrong with the permission setting.  I tranfer the web file to my friends computer and upload it by FP.  It work perfect no error and the FP ext is work.  His sys config is CwinXP and FP 2002 but no IIS.

Can someone help me how to fix the permission right.  I really don't want to format my HD.  Also, it seems become worse due to i try the config in IIS.  When i clik into other website it always ask the user name and password for the website.

Chinese Win XP
FP 2002
IIS 5.1
FP Ext

Thanks
KC

2. Epson 1250 deep cleening procedure

3. Newbee STS Admin with Permissions Problem

4. Multicast testing

5. Permissions problem - choosusr.dll not found

6. FS: 486 portable, $300. Dauphin DTR-1

7. Included content permissions problems

8. Upgrading from Win98 to 2000

9. FP2000 Permissions problem

10. Permission problems

11. default file permissions problem