Any better tool than Crystall Report for web reporting....

Any better tool than Crystall Report for web reporting....

Post by hari_somaskant.. » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

We are developing a 3-tier VB & MTS application under NT 4.0. We are
started using Crytal report 7.0 to generate WEB(HTML) reports. Looks
like Crystall 7.0 does not work well with Oracle 8i stored procedures.

Can anybody suggest us a good alternative tool to Crystal report ?

Thanks for your help
Hari Somaskanthan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Any better tool than Crystall Report for web reporting....

Post by Eric Julie » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Try Access for your report ...

Quote:> Hi,

> We are developing a 3-tier VB & MTS application under NT 4.0. We are
> started using Crytal report 7.0 to generate WEB(HTML) reports. Looks
> like Crystall 7.0 does not work well with Oracle 8i stored procedures.

> Can anybody suggest us a good alternative tool to Crystal report ?

> Thanks for your help
> Hari Somaskanthan

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Any better tool than Crystall Report for web reporting....

Post by <nata10 » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi, Hari!

I did not use Crystal Report for WEB reports, but I can perfectly work with
Oracle 7.4 stored procedures.
Of course, you have  to accept some rules in your procedures.

There are many advices for Oracle designers in Seagate Knowledge Base:
http://community.seagatesoftware.com/library/kbase.asp.

Best regards
    Natali

Quote:>Hi,

>We are developing a 3-tier VB & MTS application under NT 4.0. We are
>started using Crytal report 7.0 to generate WEB(HTML) reports. Looks
>like Crystall 7.0 does not work well with Oracle 8i stored procedures.

>Can anybody suggest us a good alternative tool to Crystal report ?

>Thanks for your help
>Hari Somaskanthan

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Any better tool than Crystall Report for web reporting....

Post by Robert Simpso » Fri, 08 Oct 1999 04:00:00

We have just switched from using Crystal reports to ActiveReports and it
beats it hands down!!!!! What it's like on the net I don't know but it
does come with a lightweight viewer control.

--
Robert Simpson