Server 500 Error when uploading with FP98

Server 500 Error when uploading with FP98

Post by c.. » Tue, 23 Jun 1998 04:00:00

When I'm updating my files using Front Page 98, Apache Server, Linux
2.0.27, I am receiving a 500 Server Error.

The problem occurs towards the end and when I look in the error-log, I
see this:

[Mon Jun 22 11:22:21 1998] access to
/usr/local/frontpage/currentversion/apache-fp/_vti_bin/fpexe failed
for tnt1-77.focal-chi.megsinet.net, reason: Premature end of script
headers

If I don't have any files in the root directory, the error does not
occur, just on updates.

Any assistance to solving this problem is appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris Anderson

Server 500 Error when uploading with FP98

Post by Dave Beauchemin, MV » Tue, 23 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>When I'm updating my files using Front Page 98, Apache Server, Linux
>2.0.27, I am receiving a 500 Server Error.

>[Mon Jun 22 11:22:21 1998] access to
>/usr/local/frontpage/currentversion/apache-fp/_vti_bin/fpexe failed
>for tnt1-77.focal-chi.megsinet.net, reason: Premature end of script
>headers

>If I don't have any files in the root directory, the error does not
>occur, just on updates.

First, a server 500 error usually indicated, in this circumstance, that
there is a permission problem. Check to make sure that the correct
permissions are set on all of the affected directories.

Also, you may want to check the FrontPage extensions. For some reason or
another, there may be a problem. To check for a problem and fix it, run the
FrontPage Server administrator, and choose "Check and fix" from the command
prompt. If it doesn't find any errors, try uninstalling, then reinstalling
the server extensions via the server administrator.

Hope this helps,

  Dave Beauchemin,  Microsoft MVP
  http://www.web-dave.com

  Our host: http://fp-webs.com

1. HTTP/1.0 500 Server Error or 500 Server Error

Hello,

With my frontpage web server when i try to run a perl script i receive :
500 Server Error. When i look at log files traces it is written into
error,log : ' could not create new process 193'.

What conclusion it is possible to have with this information ?

                Thanks to answer        Dominique

2. Transcriber

3. NT Workstation, FP98 and 500 server error

4. WAN Video conferencing

5. FP98 IE preview reports - Server Error 500

6. New Web site About Jazz and it's harmony ...

7. Getting this error after adding FP updates "Http/1.0 500 Server Error (87)"

8. DVD 3.0: OSX + B&W G3 = happy

9. 500 ORT 500 LPRT Error

10. 500 ORT/LPRT errors when uploading