FP 2002: One Form to create two database entries

FP 2002: One Form to create two database entries

Post by Ric » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:14:57

I'm trying to create a form in FP 2002 that when submitted, two sets
of selected data from the form will create two seperate records in the
same DB table.

I've tried multiple forms on one page. I've tried passing values from
one form to two seperate pages.  I've tried multiple things and none
of them seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Rick

FP 2002: One Form to create two database entries

Post by Randy Ramire » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:10:11

The form is simply a place where people put in the information. Writing it
to a database is done with code. So there isn't much you can do with the
form to make this happen.

Why are two records being put into the same table from the same form? Are
they able to enter in multiple choices? (I like to figure what's going on
especially when it is something that is out of the ordinary)

You can use a batch insert I believe or I might be confusing it with SQL
Server.

Randy

Quote:> I'm trying to create a form in FP 2002 that when submitted, two sets
> of selected data from the form will create two seperate records in the
> same DB table.

> I've tried multiple forms on one page. I've tried passing values from
> one form to two seperate pages.  I've tried multiple things and none
> of them seem to work.

> Any help would be appreciated!

> Thank you,
> Rick

FP 2002: One Form to create two database entries

Post by MD WebsUnlimite » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:37:32

It is being confused.

--
Mike FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
Tired of spam? Stop giving spammers your email addresses -- Spam Stopper

  The form is simply a place where people put in the information. Writing it
  to a database is done with code. So there isn't much you can do with the
  form to make this happen.

  Why are two records being put into the same table from the same form? Are
  they able to enter in multiple choices? (I like to figure what's going on
  especially when it is something that is out of the ordinary)

  You can use a batch insert I believe or I might be confusing it with SQL
  Server.

  Randy

  > I'm trying to create a form in FP 2002 that when submitted, two sets
  > of selected data from the form will create two seperate records in the
  > same DB table.
  >
  > I've tried multiple forms on one page. I've tried passing values from
  > one form to two seperate pages.  I've tried multiple things and none
  > of them seem to work.
  >
  > Any help would be appreciated!
  >
  > Thank you,
  > Rick

FP 2002: One Form to create two database entries

Post by MD WebsUnlimite » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:40:38

Hi Rick,

Assuming that you're using the DRW to create the update pages you can only apply the submitted data to one record.

To work around this limitation would require custom code or modification of the DRW code.

--
Mike FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
Tired of spam? Stop giving spammers your email addresses -- Spam Stopper
Protect a single page or a group of pages -- Page Protector
http://www.websunlimited.com/order

  I'm trying to create a form in FP 2002 that when submitted, two sets
  of selected data from the form will create two seperate records in the
  same DB table.

  I've tried multiple forms on one page. I've tried passing values from
  one form to two seperate pages.  I've tried multiple things and none
  of them seem to work.

  Any help would be appreciated!

  Thank you,
  Rick

FP 2002: One Form to create two database entries

Post by Stephen Travi » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:04:06

Place two DRW's on the same page that use an INSERT sql as a custom query.

--

Stephen Travis,
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> I'm trying to create a form in FP 2002 that when submitted, two sets
> of selected data from the form will create two seperate records in the
> same DB table.

> I've tried multiple forms on one page. I've tried passing values from
> one form to two seperate pages.  I've tried multiple things and none
> of them seem to work.

> Any help would be appreciated!

> Thank you,
> Rick

FP 2002: One Form to create two database entries

Post by Ric » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:24:06

Thanks for the responses.

I haven't looked at the DRW code yet, does it include SQL statements
that can be modified?