OT - Netscape 4.7 and Windows 2000

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:07:17

Is anyone running Netscape 4.7 under Windows 2000? I just went to the
Netscape site to download it to a new PC and it doesn't list Windows 2000 as
one of the supported Operating systems. Please don't tell me I have to use
Netscape 6  :-(

~ Kathleen Anderson
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com

OT - Netscape 4.7 and Windows 2000

Post by Ed Stewar » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 03:57:29

http://home.netscape.com/download/0222101/10000-en----_qual.html

Works here....given the limitations of the software, that is :-)

Ed

> Is anyone running Netscape 4.7 under Windows 2000? I just went to the
> Netscape site to download it to a new PC and it doesn't list Windows 2000
as
> one of the supported Operating systems. Please don't tell me I have to use
> Netscape 6  :-(
> Thanks,

> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> http://www.spiderwebwoman.com

OT - Netscape 4.7 and Windows 2000

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 04:03:42

Thank you!

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com

> http://home.netscape.com/download/0222101/10000-en----_qual.html

> Works here....given the limitations of the software, that is :-)

> Ed

> > Is anyone running Netscape 4.7 under Windows 2000? I just went to the
> > Netscape site to download it to a new PC and it doesn't list Windows
2000
> as
> > one of the supported Operating systems. Please don't tell me I have to
use
> > Netscape 6  :-(
> > Thanks,

> > --
> > ~ Kathleen Anderson
> > Spider Web Woman Designs
> > http://www.spiderwebwoman.com

OT - Netscape 4.7 and Windows 2000

Post by Makrobic » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 04:08:42

Ha ha ha, no problem at all with windows 2000 and netscape 4.7........ in
fact i run version 4.04 for authoring purposes and it is just as useless as
netscape is in any environment !!  LOL

go for it !

> Is anyone running Netscape 4.7 under Windows 2000? I just went to the
> Netscape site to download it to a new PC and it doesn't list Windows 2000
as
> one of the supported Operating systems. Please don't tell me I have to use
> Netscape 6  :-(
> Thanks,

> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> http://www.spiderwebwoman.com

OT - Netscape 4.7 and Windows 2000

Post by Mark Fitzpatric » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 05:45:11

Kathleen,
        It'll work fine, except maybe for that darned buggy AOL chat thing
that it installs automatically. Sometimes though it does make the system a
bit unstable. The funny thing is I can get all the versions of NS to work on
Win 2000 except Navigator 6. Which is fine by me because I generally hate
Navigator.

        Cheers,
        Mark Fitzpatrick
        Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> Is anyone running Netscape 4.7 under Windows 2000? I just went to the
> Netscape site to download it to a new PC and it doesn't list Windows 2000
as
> one of the supported Operating systems. Please don't tell me I have to use
> Netscape 6  :-(
> Thanks,

> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> http://www.spiderwebwoman.com

OT - Netscape 4.7 and Windows 2000

Post by Anink » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:29:35

I hate Netscape, what a hopelessly useless browser, would be best if the
world just abandoned it and used something wonderful like IE.  (sorry, had
to get it off my chest)

But to answer your question, it works fine.

OT - Netscape 4.7 and Windows 2000

Post by KIESEYHO » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:52:47

    *big grin*....hey you guys..try
NetCaptor....it's got a few great features for
sitebuilders and such....  www.netcaptor.net
Sure it's an IE overlay, but it brings registry
and security setting to the menu bar....and
dynamic too...

    Kieseyhow

Quote:> Kathleen,
>         It'll work fine, except maybe for that

darned buggy AOL chat thing
Quote:> that it installs automatically. Sometimes though

it does make the system a
Quote:> bit unstable. The funny thing is I can get all

the versions of NS to work on
Quote:> Win 2000 except Navigator 6. Which is fine by me

because I generally hate
> Navigator.

>         Cheers,
>         Mark Fitzpatrick
>         Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

> "Kathleen Anderson"

> > Is anyone running Netscape 4.7 under Windows

2000? I just went to the
Quote:> > Netscape site to download it to a new PC and

it doesn't list Windows 2000
Quote:> as

Post by KIESEYHO » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:51:49

    *big grin*....hey you guys..try
NetCaptor....it's got a few great features for
sitebuilders and such....  www.netcaptor.net
Sure it's an IE overlay, but it brings registry
and security setting to the menu bar....and
dynamic too...

    Kieseyhow

Quote:> I hate Netscape, what a hopelessly useless

browser, would be best if the
Quote:> world just abandoned it and used something

wonderful like IE.  (sorry, had
Quote:> to get it off my chest)

> But to answer your question, it works fine.

1. bookmarks that work in IE but not Netscape 4.7 or below.

Hyperlinks that engage our shopping cart need a special
set of characters to function correctly.

I can get the bookmarks to work correctly both within
FrontPage and directly to the websites if using IE 5.0+ as
the browser. The bookmarks will not work with Netscape 4.7
or below.

The link looks like this:

http://www.tonerstore.com/cgi-
local/SoftCart.exe/SoftCart/store3/inkjets.htm?
E+mystore3#BROTHER

The ?E sequence activates the shopping cart. The bookmark
is BROTHER.

While I could use a direct link without the code we use
many keywords on the net with pay-per-click vendors and
this gives our customers a direct link to the cart both
preserving the functionality and security and are
necessary.

I thought by changing the bookmarks to lower case might be
a fix but it is not.

I hope that someone has an answer. The cart is an older
version of the Mercantec cart.

2. Watchdogs - Clock based or non clock based

3. Trouble with tables and image map in Netscape 4.7

4. answered my own question- One paycheck two banks

5. compatitbiliyy issues netscape 4.7

6. predicate register and guard bits: useful? (TriMedia)

7. compatibility issues netscape 4.7

8. Immediate need of Checkpoint Firewall Admin or Engineer -- Jacksonville, FL

9. problems with include component and Netscape 4.7

10. Netscape 4.7 prints FrontPage web 1 line per page

11. Netscape 4.7 & table backgrounds

12. Can't see page in Netscape 4.7

13. Invisible hit counter shows as a broken image in Netscape 4.7