cgi

Post by MD [MS MVP » Mon, 18 May 1998 04:00:00

Yes, It will work.

MD

http://WebsUnlimited.com
Hosting - Programming - FrontPage Add-ins - E-commerce
What is your time worth? - J-BOTS - JavaScript made easy
Need more email features? -  SEND IT!
Low cost E-commerce w/  MaxiShop (coming soon)

>Hi

>Will a standard perl script or C program which uses standard in/out work
with
>the virtual server that comes with frontpage98? I get some implementation
which
>says to me that it won't work, but I figured someone would know for sure.

>Any help would be appreciated.
>Thank you.
>Evan M.

cgi

Post by EvyRo » Tue, 19 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi

Will a standard perl script or C program which uses standard in/out work with
the virtual server that comes with frontpage98? I get some implementation which
says to me that it won't work, but I figured someone would know for sure.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Evan M.

1. CGI scripting for security - Is CGI scripting required?

I have been contacted by someone who is looking to have a web site
developed. I don't have any CGI scripting experience and the contact is
indicating they need the security provided by the scripting. Not sure what
kind of security. I am unaware of anybody else in my local area having those
skills and am hoping to land a contract.

My question is: is this reasonable? Is the scripting required to provide
security? Can it provide more security than is availabe through conventional
htm coding?

--
Herb Daum
Data Power

www.aisl.bc.ca/datapower
?

2. Announce: The Object Factory at Application Development 99

3. cgi-bin and/or cgi-shl PLEEEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEE help

4. -Isn't this WOMAN AMAZING? - autopageopen!!beprepared.

5. Will CGI Work w/CGI?

6. !PDF 0.71b

7. CGI without CGI access: How to do it

8. "web" tab missing on display properties

9. How to Include the output of the CGI on the same form as the CGI ?!?!?!

10. CGI->IDC->HTX-> Result HTML ->CGI->Update MDB

11. Run cgi script on Frontpage98's CGI-BIN

12. Do I need CGI with NT/SQL to send mail , if yes, where/how to install CGI??

13. CGI return header for IIS. (Was: Re: CGI Error)