FronPage Quizzing Engine

Post by Steven Taylo » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I have the new FrontPage Quizzing Engine and can not seem to make it work
correctly. I have installed and read all the information but still seem to
be missing something. Each time I try to create a test or web from the test
wizard , I receive this warning:
"Please make sure that your FrontPage Web is currently open, and then retry
this wizard. If you need to create a brand new Web, click File, New, Web,
then select "Test Wizard" and specify a location for the Web."
I get this error regardless of what I do! Whether adding it to a current web
or starting a new web. I am totally lost?

--
Education First,
Steven K Taylor, AAT, Instructor

FronPage Quizzing Engine

Post by Wren » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Steven,

Search this NG as many people have had problems trying to get it to work,

Edit | Find | Message

--

Wren

--

Quote:> Hello,

> I have the new FrontPage Quizzing Engine and can not seem to make it work
> correctly. I have installed and read all the information but still seem to
> be missing something. Each time I try to create a test or web from the
test
> wizard , I receive this warning:
> "Please make sure that your FrontPage Web is currently open, and then
retry
> this wizard. If you need to create a brand new Web, click File, New, Web,
> then select "Test Wizard" and specify a location for the Web."
> I get this error regardless of what I do! Whether adding it to a current
web
> or starting a new web. I am totally lost?

> --
> Education First,
> Steven K Taylor, AAT, Instructor
> LTC-Acadian Campus
> 1933 West Hutchinson Ave.
> Crowley, LA 70526
> http://www.acadian.tec.la.us

FronPage Quizzing Engine

Post by Shane Fowlke » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

It's not supported by MS

--

Shane Fowlkes
Accelerated Computer Technologies

> Steven,

> Search this NG as many people have had problems trying to get it to work,

> Edit | Find | Message

> --

> Wren

> --

> > Hello,

> > I have the new FrontPage Quizzing Engine and can not seem to make it
work
> > correctly. I have installed and read all the information but still seem
> > be missing something. Each time I try to create a test or web from the
> test
> > wizard , I receive this warning:
> > "Please make sure that your FrontPage Web is currently open, and then
> retry
> > this wizard. If you need to create a brand new Web, click File, New,
Web,
> > then select "Test Wizard" and specify a location for the Web."
> > I get this error regardless of what I do! Whether adding it to a current
> web
> > or starting a new web. I am totally lost?

> > --
> > Education First,
> > Steven K Taylor, AAT, Instructor
> > LTC-Acadian Campus
> > 1933 West Hutchinson Ave.
> > Crowley, LA 70526
> > http://www.acadian.tec.la.us

FronPage Quizzing Engine

Post by Thomas A. Row » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

It does work, however you must have access as administrator on the server,
where it must be installed.

--

=====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Quote:> Hello,

> I have the new FrontPage Quizzing Engine and can not seem to make it work
> correctly. I have installed and read all the information but still seem to
> be missing something. Each time I try to create a test or web from the
test
> wizard , I receive this warning:
> "Please make sure that your FrontPage Web is currently open, and then
retry
> this wizard. If you need to create a brand new Web, click File, New, Web,
> then select "Test Wizard" and specify a location for the Web."
> I get this error regardless of what I do! Whether adding it to a current
web
> or starting a new web. I am totally lost?

> --
> Education First,
> Steven K Taylor, AAT, Instructor
> LTC-Acadian Campus
> 1933 West Hutchinson Ave.
> Crowley, LA 70526
> http://www.acadian.tec.la.us

FronPage Quizzing Engine

Post by T. Fragomel » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

It does NOT work.  I get the same error message.  I have W2000 running IIS
5.0 and I am doing everthing as admin with full rights.  It has something to
do with w2000 and/or IIS 5.0.  Apparently it works with NT 4.0 and IIS 4.0.
I know someone who has it working and that is the only difference, he is
using NT 4.0 and IIS 4.0.

Quote:> Hello,

> I have the new FrontPage Quizzing Engine and can not seem to make it work
> correctly. I have installed and read all the information but still seem to
> be missing something. Each time I try to create a test or web from the
test
> wizard , I receive this warning:
> "Please make sure that your FrontPage Web is currently open, and then
retry
> this wizard. If you need to create a brand new Web, click File, New, Web,
> then select "Test Wizard" and specify a location for the Web."
> I get this error regardless of what I do! Whether adding it to a current
web
> or starting a new web. I am totally lost?

> --
> Education First,
> Steven K Taylor, AAT, Instructor
> LTC-Acadian Campus
> 1933 West Hutchinson Ave.
> Crowley, LA 70526
> http://www.acadian.tec.la.us

1. Quiz engine

Greetings...

Has anyone gotten the frontpage quiz engine add-in to work?

I am puzzled by this. I have done multiple searches on google, and have
changed the permissions of the score.mdb.

It appears that this add-in has been problematic for people, but it was
promoted on the MS site for a while.

Alternately, has anyone found a good solution for online quizzing? I would
prefer that the quiz be hosted on the school server.

Regards...   Tom

2. RCU 5494 to AS400

3. anyone have access to the quiz engine?

4. Comp.Sys.Acorn.WWW .... what happened?

5. Quizzing Engines

6. network ID and properties

7. FrontPage 2000 Quizzing Engine

8. Solution to Excel email attachments?

9. quizzing engine

10. Quizzing Engine

11. FrontPage Quizzing Engine--Cannot Install on MY Server

12. quizzing engine

13. Quiz engine...