FP 98 error during write

Post by cbut.. » Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I administer a server using NT 4.0, SP3, IIS 4, option pack 4 and have
installed FP extensions 3.02.1706.
I have setup a Website as a Frontpage web. When trying to write a comment,
my client receives the following error:

FrontPage Run-Time Component Page

You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web
server and the FrontPage Server
Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish
this web to a web server that has the
FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

I thought that the rights might be a problem, so I gave the IUSR_-----
Change rights (RWXD) to the entire virtual directory.  That did not help.
The FP admin shows the site as a Frontpage site.  Since I don't use FP 98
myself, I am stuck as to what the problem might be.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks
Charles Butler

FP 98 error during write

Post by cbut.. » Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:00:00

After reading several post in this newsgroup, I thought that I would expand
on my problem.

The site is a Discussion forum.  From what I gather this is a standard FP
template.  The specific URL is
 http://cbjd.net/informed/Discussion/COURTdisc_post.htm

I am trying to determine if the problem is with Frontpage or with the site
admin (me!).

Thanks
Charles

>I administer a server using NT 4.0, SP3, IIS 4, option pack 4 and have
>installed FP extensions 3.02.1706.
>I have setup a Website as a Frontpage web. When trying to write a comment,
>my client receives the following error:

>FrontPage Run-Time Component Page

>You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web
>server and the FrontPage Server
>Extensions to function properly.

>This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish
>this web to a web server that has the
>FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

>Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

>I thought that the rights might be a problem, so I gave the IUSR_-----
>Change rights (RWXD) to the entire virtual directory.  That did not help.
>The FP admin shows the site as a Frontpage site.  Since I don't use FP 98
>myself, I am stuck as to what the problem might be.

>Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

>Thanks
>Charles Butler

FP 98 error during write

Post by Calvi » Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:00:00

It seems you do have the newest version, sorry. They have had this problem
with extensions before. You may want to check with Microsoft on this, might
be something they need to know about.

>Make sure you have the latest Server Extensions installed. There was a
>problem with earlier versions doing this.

>>After reading several post in this newsgroup, I thought that I would
expand
>>on my problem.

>>The site is a Discussion forum.  From what I gather this is a standard FP
>>template.  The specific URL is
>> http://cbjd.net/informed/Discussion/COURTdisc_post.htm

>>I am trying to determine if the problem is with Frontpage or with the site
>>admin (me!).

>>Thanks
>>Charles

>>>I administer a server using NT 4.0, SP3, IIS 4, option pack 4 and have
>>>installed FP extensions 3.02.1706.
>>>I have setup a Website as a Frontpage web. When trying to write a
comment,
>>>my client receives the following error:

>>>FrontPage Run-Time Component Page

>>>You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a
web
>>>server and the FrontPage Server
>>>Extensions to function properly.

>>>This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish
>>>this web to a web server that has the
>>>FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

>>>Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

>>>I thought that the rights might be a problem, so I gave the IUSR_-----
>>>Change rights (RWXD) to the entire virtual directory.  That did not help.
>>>The FP admin shows the site as a Frontpage site.  Since I don't use FP 98
>>>myself, I am stuck as to what the problem might be.

>>>Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

>>>Thanks
>>>Charles Butler

FP 98 error during write

Post by cbut.. » Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>It seems you do have the newest version, sorry. They have had this problem
>with extensions before. You may want to check with Microsoft on this, might
>be something they need to know about.

Is there a specific e-mail address at Microsoft for Frontpage extension
problems or  what would be the best e-mail address to send this too?

Thanks
Charles