Can U force lowercase filenames in FP2K?

Can U force lowercase filenames in FP2K?

Post by Rick Ewar » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I purchased some new themes (WebSpice 99), which are really cool to play
with, expect I have noted that some of them don't work properly. After
messing around, I discovered it is because they are published with upper and
lower case names. If I use WSFTP and force lowercase names and then upload
the theme parts, it works fine then.

So, my question is, does anyone know of a way to force FP to work in all
lowercase (which it generaly seems to do)? On my Apache server it sometimes
gets wierd. I even saw it cause me problems once as it renamed the index.htm
to default.htm when publishing and changed the links to Default.htm (which
is different than default.htm to a UNIX platform) and therefore it blew up
on my. What a pain to get rid of.

Thanks, in advance, for any ideas. There is probably a check box somewhere
that I just haven't found yet.
Rick Ewart
Ewart.Net Web Hosting

Can U force lowercase filenames in FP2K?

Post by T. Edmond » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You can change the names of your files using VBA before publishing if that
will help. See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/4/10.ASP

--
====================================
Tiffany

Specializing in Web Designs for small
business and personal needs
http://www.venusdesigns.net
===================================

Quote:> I purchased some new themes (WebSpice 99), which are really cool to play
> with, expect I have noted that some of them don't work properly. After
> messing around, I discovered it is because they are published with upper
and
> lower case names. If I use WSFTP and force lowercase names and then upload
> the theme parts, it works fine then.

> So, my question is, does anyone know of a way to force FP to work in all
> lowercase (which it generaly seems to do)? On my Apache server it
sometimes
> gets wierd. I even saw it cause me problems once as it renamed the
index.htm
> to default.htm when publishing and changed the links to Default.htm (which
> is different than default.htm to a UNIX platform) and therefore it blew up
> on my. What a pain to get rid of.

> Thanks, in advance, for any ideas. There is probably a check box somewhere
> that I just haven't found yet.
> Rick Ewart
> Ewart.Net Web Hosting

1. Filenames to lowercase

Hi.  Got a FP2000 question.  Is there a way for me to convert all filenames
in a given sub-directory to lowercase?  The FP broken links section is
showing files that are there, but in uppsercase.  Performing a MS-DOS prompt
REN for each and every file would take a long time.

Oh, I try a [REN *.* *.*] in my local web directory.  Converted all the
sub-directory like _VTI_CNF to lowercase.  Is that going to bother FP?  Any
advice is appreciated...Dennis

2. Bizzare Event Handling: what might cause this?

3. Filenames with Upper and Lowercase

4. Wanted : Sam Coupe games - And CRASH! Demo.

5. Uppercase vs. Lowercase Filenames with FP98

6. Help with keyboard handle

7. Changing the CAP filenames to lowercase

8. trying to sweep namedroppers mismanagement under the rug

9. Force "lowercase" when publishing ???

10. force lowercase file names

11. Forcing lowercase tags?

12. filename.htm vs filename (no ext.)

13. Error Publishing FP2K web (was "cannot rename filename.xx error" message)