StoreFront

Post by Cindy Kee » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'm new to this newsgroup, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has
used StoreFront and can tell me what they think of it. Is it easy to
use? Does it meet all of your needs? Is there anything you don't like
about it? etc.

Feel free to post a reply here or email me directly at

Thanks in advance!

Cindy Keery
Stamps West
Web site: http://www.stampswest.com

StoreFront

Post by Jame » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi Cindy,

I have used StoreFront on one store so far;
http://www.mcintoshcgn.com

and I thought it worked pretty well.

To be honest, there was a bit of a "quick" learning curve (I knew nothing
about ASP) but their tech support was great.  They respond quickly, they're
patient and they know how to make e-commerce work.

The price is ok and you can use it on other sites you develop without paying
a "per-site" fee.

I'll stick with it.

James A. Taylor Jr.
http://www.aicompany.com

>I'm new to this newsgroup, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has
>used StoreFront and can tell me what they think of it. Is it easy to
>use? Does it meet all of your needs? Is there anything you don't like
>about it? etc.

>Feel free to post a reply here or email me directly at

>Thanks in advance!

>Cindy Keery
>Stamps West
>Web site: http://www.stampswest.com

StoreFront

Post by Kevin Spence » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have used StoreFront, and find it an excellent package. However, a
shopping cart application is not simple, and one must have a pretty good
understanding of what's being done in order to really use it effectively. I
consider StoreFront a "developer's tool." It is most effectively used by
people who have some understanding of ASP, and even ADO.

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
http://www.takempis.com
ASP, IDC, and Internet Database Programming
Free online ASP Tutorials!
ASP-based Discussion Web available!

>I'm new to this newsgroup, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has
>used StoreFront and can tell me what they think of it. Is it easy to
>use? Does it meet all of your needs? Is there anything you don't like
>about it? etc.

>Feel free to post a reply here or email me directly at

>Thanks in advance!

>Cindy Keery
>Stamps West
>Web site: http://www.stampswest.com

StoreFront

Post by Bar » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am also considering buying Storefront.
Can you tell me how easy it is to modify the order form.
As I am in the UK, can a be used instead of a $ ? Can the 'which state to
ship to' list be removed ?
Also how do you get the completed orders ?

Thanks

Bar.

StoreFront

Post by Tracy Johns » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have used StoreFront, and find it an excellent package. However, a
>shopping cart application is not simple, and one must have a pretty good
>understanding of what's being done in order to really use it effectively. I
>consider StoreFront a "developer's tool." It is most effectively used by
>people who have some understanding of ASP, and even ADO.

I'm a friend of the original poster on this thread, Cindy Keery, and
I've been helping her out with her site from time to time.
Unfortunately, neither of us have any experience with ASP, so I'm
wondering... are there any books you would recommend to help us get
started? I have a solid technical background, as I'm a technical
writer for a software company, so I'd imagine if there's some kind of
good instructional material out there, I could learn enough to get
Cindy going. If you can recommend anything to me, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Tracy Johnson

Web site: http://storyexchange.paconline.net

StoreFront

Post by Bob LaGard » Mon, 14 Dec 1998 04:00:00

There are several excellent ASP websites such as www.15seconds.com,
www.asphole.com, and the WROX Press ASP books are highly thought of.

Bob LaGarde
www.storefront.net

>>I have used StoreFront, and find it an excellent package. However, a
>>shopping cart application is not simple, and one must have a pretty good
>>understanding of what's being done in order to really use it effectively.
>>consider StoreFront a "developer's tool." It is most effectively used by
>>people who have some understanding of ASP, and even ADO.

>I'm a friend of the original poster on this thread, Cindy Keery, and
>I've been helping her out with her site from time to time.
>Unfortunately, neither of us have any experience with ASP, so I'm
>wondering... are there any books you would recommend to help us get
>started? I have a solid technical background, as I'm a technical
>writer for a software company, so I'd imagine if there's some kind of
>good instructional material out there, I could learn enough to get
>Cindy going. If you can recommend anything to me, I'd appreciate it.

>Regards,

>Tracy Johnson

>Web site: http://storyexchange.paconline.net

StoreFront

Post by Kevin Spence » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Tracy,

My "ASP/ADO Bible," "Teach Yourself Active Web Database Programming in 21
Days," can be found on the Amazon Book Club web site, at the following URL:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D1575211394/sitedesignbytakeA...
04655-3541647

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
http://www.takempis.com
ASP, IDC, and Internet Database Programming
Free online ASP Tutorials!
ASP-based Discussion Web available!

>>I have used StoreFront, and find it an excellent package. However, a
>>shopping cart application is not simple, and one must have a pretty good
>>understanding of what's being done in order to really use it effectively.
>>consider StoreFront a "developer's tool." It is most effectively used by
>>people who have some understanding of ASP, and even ADO.

>I'm a friend of the original poster on this thread, Cindy Keery, and
>I've been helping her out with her site from time to time.
>Unfortunately, neither of us have any experience with ASP, so I'm
>wondering... are there any books you would recommend to help us get
>started? I have a solid technical background, as I'm a technical
>writer for a software company, so I'd imagine if there's some kind of
>good instructional material out there, I could learn enough to get
>Cindy going. If you can recommend anything to me, I'd appreciate it.

>Regards,

>Tracy Johnson

>Web site: http://storyexchange.paconline.net

1. Storefront for FP2002

Wondering if anyone had a comment on storefront 5.0 as shopping cart
software for FP2002?  I have heard some mixed reviews on the software
but it seems to be coming from people with below average graphics and
design skills.  Any thoughts?

2. Dungeon Master

3. ANN: StoreFront 6.0 Pre-Release Sale

4. Rolling back the years

5. bCentral storefront and discounting

6. q4 and ipis_s

7. Learning Curve: StoreFront or JustAddCommerce?

8. EX610 PCMCIA Card service driver

9. Storefront 5.0

10. Site Check Please-Used FP2000 and StoreFront v5

11. Storefront with mySQL

12. storefront info

13. Storefront accessing wrong database