"""" MIKE """" thats not it

Post by rob jaune » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

when I first opened FP  an started the first web page
an named it www.jaunet -- that shows up when I try to start a new web
page ? now  how can I send this file with the wrong name on it.
it should read www.shihan.net/index or default

"""" MIKE """" thats not it

Post by Thomas A. Row » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

Are you trying to change the name of the web on your local machine or a page name on your local
machine or are you trying the change the name of where you are publishing to or the name of your PC?

--

====================================
YCOLN FrontPage Resource Center

Quote:>when I first opened FP  an started the first web page
>an named it www.jaunet -- that shows up when I try to start a new web
>page ? now  how can I send this file with the wrong name on it.
>it should read www.shihan.net/index or default

"""" MIKE """" thats not it

Post by rob jaune » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

MIKE
I'm trying to change the name on my local mechine ??

> Are you trying to change the name of the web on your local machine or a page name on your local
> machine or are you trying the change the name of where you are publishing to or the name of your PC?

> --

> ====================================
> Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> YCOLN FrontPage Resource Center
> http://www.ycoln-design.com/fp98
> WEBMASTER Resources(tm) Email Discussion List
> http://www.ycoln-resources.com/fpwmr.htm
> WEBMASTER Resources(tm) Newsletter
> http://www.ycoln-resources.com

> >when I first opened FP  an started the first web page
> >an named it www.jaunet -- that shows up when I try to start a new web
> >page ? now  how can I send this file with the wrong name on it.
> >it should read www.shihan.net/index or default

"""" MIKE """" thats not it

Post by Lon Cole » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

the name of the web locally has no bearing on the finished URL

publish the site to your remote server and it will be fine

Lon--
http://www.ariadne-webdesign.co.uk

t>...

Quote:>when I first opened FP  an started the first web page
>an named it www.jaunet -- that shows up when I try to start a new web
>page ? now  how can I send this file with the wrong name on it.
>it should read www.shihan.net/index or default

"""" MIKE """" thats not it

Post by Chawma » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

Click on the Network icon in Control Panel and go to the Identification tab
and type in any name you want where it says "Computer Name". The system will
have you reboot and the name for your computer is changed.

s.net...

> MIKE
> I'm trying to change the name on my local mechine ??

> > Are you trying to change the name of the web on your local machine or a

page name on your local
Quote:> > machine or are you trying the change the name of where you are