error message: Front Page server extensions have not been configured to send e-m

error message: Front Page server extensions have not been configured to send e-m

Post by Kevi » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:40:37

A challenging question for those who can help... How do I
fix the following problem:

I have created a standard response form in Front Page. In
setting up the page, under "Form Properties" I have the
form results e-mailed, and under Form
Properties/Options/Confirmation Page, I have it set so
that the user goes to another page of the site when the
form is successfully completed.  However, when the submit
button is clicked, I get the following error message:

“This form is being created on a disk based web or the
Front Page server extensions have not been configured to
send e-mail. Please direct your system administrator tTo
the instruction in setting up e-mail options in Windows or
setting up e-mail options in Unix in the server extensions
resource kit.  If you have not have the kit,
www.microsoft.com/frontpage/wpp/serk

Would you like to remove the e-mail recipient?”

Your help is much appreciated

  Hemingway_Info.htm
9K Download

Post by Tom Pepper Willet » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:58:39

"Please direct your system administrator tTo
the instruction in setting up e-mail options in Windows or
setting up e-mail options in Unix in the server extensions
resource kit"

Have you had the host do this?
--
-----
Tom Pepper Willett

:
[...]

1. PWS installation and Front Page Extensions - Am I configured?

I have a couple more questions for those who haven't lost all patience with
helping this newbie.

1) I have now installed PWS and published my disk based web to it. So then I
asked myself what about the FP server extensions. I wonder if they are
installed. After all, everyone's been telling me that's the whole point of
having a PWS based web - the added functionality I can get from the server
extensions. So, following instructions from the help files, I went to the
Tools menu, clicked Web Settings, and then clicked the General tab. And
there, next to Front Page Server Extension version: it says 4.0.2.2717.

So I assume that means they are installed. So far, so good. But now I want
to know, does the fact that they are installed mean that they have been
"configured", which I believe is necessary? Is there a way to tell whether
they have been configured or not? I have located Fpsrvadm.exe, the file that
is supposed to configure them but I don't want to do it if it isn't
necessary. (All through this process I have had the strong sense that I am
walking a tightrope very high up and that a wrong step would mean a lot of
painful reconfiguring/reinstallation.:-))

2) On another topic, (on the principle that if you have got this far you
must be a glutton for punishment), I am trying to install a flash animation
and am making some, albeit slow, progress. I have put the animation in one
cell of a table but I can't find a way to make it left-aligned. When I
replaced the original image with the new flash-based doodad, the "picture
properties line in the context menu disappeared. Any ideas?

Thanks a million.

Dan

2. slow picture icons

3. FP Extension not configured to send email

4. 1-800-ATF-GUNS and Anonymity

5. configure fp server extension to send email

6. OODBMS short courses/ workshops

7. Configuring server extensions to send e-mail

8. Get module name

9. How to configure the new version of Server Extensions on Server Extension Administrator ?

10. Front Page Navigator - Not on View Menu - Not active on Insert - I am stuck

11. Mail Error: Fpage not configured to send email

12. Using Front page with an ISP who does not support Front page extensions

13. Problem: Server and/or FrontPage Extensions not recognized; Server Error: Error 2 opening registry key...