Newbie Form Problem - Help Please!

Post by Susi » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I've included an e-mail form in my web, but when I preview it in IE4.0 it
shows the following right above where the form starts:

"[FrontPage Save Results Component]"

I know this is probably a stupid question, but why does it show and how do I
get rid of it.  I haven't uploaded to the www yet - so I can't tell if it
just occurs locally or what.

Any help greatly appreciated...Thanks
--
~*~ ...susie... ~*~
___________________________

Post by Kevin Spence » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>I've included an e-mail form in my web, but when I preview it in IE4.0 it
>shows the following right above where the form starts:

>"[FrontPage Save Results Component]"

>I know this is probably a stupid question, but why does it show and how do
>get rid of it.  I haven't uploaded to the www yet - so I can't tell if it
>just occurs locally or what.

>Any help greatly appreciated...Thanks

Susie,

I would suspect that you are "previewing" this page as a file, and not as a
URL. FrontPage components work with the server, and you need to go through
the server to get them to work. Make sure that your page is part of a
FrontPage web on your local server, and that you are using an "http://"
address to view the page.

Hope this helps,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
http://www.connectrans.com/takempis
Specializing in Internet Database Connectivity
with IDC and ASP, and interactive Internet programming

1. HELP non-newbie with FORM problem please!

Hi -
I've created several forms in FP and have always found them to be
straightforward and non-problematic.

On my newest forms at
http://www.harvestcraft.com/sunwind/
the confirmation page is not coming up... instead I get the default
confirmation with link at the bottom saying "return to form". BUT the
"return to form" link actually has the URL for the CONFIRM page embeded in
it!

What's going on? I've checked and re-checked everything and I just can't
figure out what is different or wrong here.

There are two order forms on the site. The default page holds a Canadian
order form, and the usa.htm page holds the other. I've created a separate
confirmation page for each form, and have pointed to these in the "form
properties" dialogue box. I've also named one form "FrontPage_Form1" and
"FrontPage_Form2" in the form properties "form name" field in case this was
causing the problem.

I'm really stumped here with something that has never given me grief before
. . . please help.
Thank you,

Helene Meurer
hmeureratsaltspring.com

2. DKB3128 makes my A3000 crash. Please help.

3. Please help me test database forms (please, please, please)

4. cisco vpn client overhead

5. Nav buttons - newbie problem - please help!

6. Telecom Update (Canada) #309, November 19, 2001

7. Please please Help - Newbie

8. using telnet server to receive files

9. Form handler problem. Please help.

10. Help - please! Problem with search forms in FP

11. Please help with forms problem!

12. Please help with form to update database record problem