E-mail distribution lists on a FP intranet?

E-mail distribution lists on a FP intranet?

Post by Gordon Wels » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to use the 'mailto:' link so that
you can send one email to several people with one link?

What I'm trying to achieve is to have a page with several departmental
distribution lists....if you want to send one email to an entire
department, just click the link, type your message and click send -
everyone on the list then gets the mail.....

Can this be done and if so, how ?

Thanx.

Gordon.

E-mail distribution lists on a FP intranet?

Post by Gilles Therreaul » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Try the following

>Can anyone tell me if there is any way to use the 'mailto:' link so that
>you can send one email to several people with one link?

>What I'm trying to achieve is to have a page with several departmental
>distribution lists....if you want to send one email to an entire
>department, just click the link, type your message and click send -
>everyone on the list then gets the mail.....

>Can this be done and if so, how ?

>Thanx.

>Gordon.

E-mail distribution lists on a FP intranet?

Post by MD » Wed, 21 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Gordon,

The mailto tag does not work in all browsers. Most notably I.E. 3

Take a look at SEND IT! http://WebsUnlimited.com/senditinfo.htm

--
MD - Microsoft FP MVP
http://WebsUnlimited.com

>Can anyone tell me if there is any way to use the 'mailto:' link so that
>you can send one email to several people with one link?

>What I'm trying to achieve is to have a page with several departmental
>distribution lists....if you want to send one email to an entire
>department, just click the link, type your message and click send -
>everyone on the list then gets the mail.....

>Can this be done and if so, how ?

>Thanx.

>Gordon.

1. Making a distribution list of collected e-mail addresses

I want to make a page/form that collects some contact information, and then
use the collected e-mail addresses as a distribution list filtered by some
of the other information colleted. Is it a easy way to do this for a person
with very limited skills in programming?

The manual way would be to let the form send me an e-mail with collected
information, and then manually put the e-mail on a distribution list in
Outlook. I want to avoid this boring manual work, and suppose it is not to
difficult to make it automatically if you just know how...

-  What is the best/easiest solution: Should the information be stored on a
database on the web server or sent by e-mail?
-  If sent by e-mail, how do manage to store this information in a database
(i.e. Access)?
-  When the information is stored in a database, how do I manage to get
access to these addresses from Outlook?
-  Any other suggestions/solutions?

Thanks,
Boerge

2. Email address for RCS <Jan Weigner>?

3. email distribution list for FrontPage

4. FYI: Navas 28800-56K Modem FAQ

5. Email Distribution List

6. Fast plot rectangle needed

7. Email Form to Distribution List

8. Canon 4000 color degradation

9. Distribution Lists Additions

10. Mailto: with distribution lists???

11. Collecting Email Addresses And Using Them For Distribution

12. Conditional Email Distribution

13. Sent Email message to multiple emails from list