Hotspot Mouseovers

Post by Jim Joll » Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Okay, this is my 2d try....

I am working on a site where the menu (9 different words vertically) are set
up as individual hotspots.  In the center of the page I have a jpg immage.
What I want to do is when the mouse is over the hotspot, the jpg will change
to another image (impage flipping).  The page is set up with tables. (for
those that respond and want to see it, go to http://63.84.172.248 and click
on the "Locations" button from the home page.  This is the page I want to do
this feat....and I can't seem to get the right  source code to get the
center images to flip.

Help please.....thanks

Hotspot Mouseovers

Post by Jim Joll » Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Cate,
You were in the home page.  click on "Locations"  .  The menu on the left
side is a jpg image with hotspots over each of the words.  What I am trying
to do is change the image (the state of texas map   I tried the DHTML but
unless I am missing something (which is entirely possible) it flips the menu
jpg.

>Hi Jim,

>I looked at the page --- what I see is that when I move the mouse down the
>list of menu items on the left, the image changes in the picture in the
>middle of the page.  Or, I guess, an image is superimposed?

>What are you trying to do.  Change just one of the pieces of that center
>image?

>Sorry to be so dense.

>Cate
>--
>Cate Burton

>On the Web: http://rlis.com/kelownadays/

>I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see
him
>in a department store and he asked for my autograph.   -Shirley Temple

>> Okay, this is my 2d try....

>> I am working on a site where the menu (9 different words vertically) are
>set
>> up as individual hotspots.  In the center of the page I have a jpg
immage.
>> What I want to do is when the mouse is over the hotspot, the jpg will
>change
>> to another image (impage flipping).  The page is set up with tables. (for
>> those that respond and want to see it, go to http://63.84.172.248 and
>click
>> on the "Locations" button from the home page.  This is the page I want to
>do
>> this feat....and I can't seem to get the right  source code to get the
>> center images to flip.

>> Help please.....thanks

Hotspot Mouseovers

Post by Cate Burto » Fri, 24 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi Jim,

I looked at the page --- what I see is that when I move the mouse down the
list of menu items on the left, the image changes in the picture in the
middle of the page.  Or, I guess, an image is superimposed?

What are you trying to do.  Change just one of the pieces of that center
image?

Sorry to be so dense.

Cate
--
Cate Burton

On the Web: http://rlis.com/kelownadays/

I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him
in a department store and he asked for my autograph.   -Shirley Temple

Quote:> Okay, this is my 2d try....

> I am working on a site where the menu (9 different words vertically) are
set
> up as individual hotspots.  In the center of the page I have a jpg immage.
> What I want to do is when the mouse is over the hotspot, the jpg will
change
> to another image (impage flipping).  The page is set up with tables. (for
> those that respond and want to see it, go to http://63.84.172.248 and
click
> on the "Locations" button from the home page.  This is the page I want to
do
> this feat....and I can't seem to get the right  source code to get the
> center images to flip.

> Help please.....thanks

Hotspot Mouseovers

Post by Thomas A. Row » Fri, 24 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Jim,

You will need to swap images in the same way as on your home page.

Note: You have not assigned a background color to your pages, they will show
up with a gray background in NS browsers by default.

--
=====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

> Cate,
> You were in the home page.  click on "Locations"  .  The menu on the left
> side is a jpg image with hotspots over each of the words.  What I am
trying
> to do is change the image (the state of texas map   I tried the DHTML but
> unless I am missing something (which is entirely possible) it flips the
menu
> jpg.

> >Hi Jim,

> >I looked at the page --- what I see is that when I move the mouse down
the
> >list of menu items on the left, the image changes in the picture in the
> >middle of the page.  Or, I guess, an image is superimposed?

> >What are you trying to do.  Change just one of the pieces of that center
> >image?

> >Sorry to be so dense.

> >Cate
> >--
> >Cate Burton

> >On the Web: http://rlis.com/kelownadays/

> >I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see
> him
> >in a department store and he asked for my autograph.   -Shirley Temple

> >> Okay, this is my 2d try....

> >> I am working on a site where the menu (9 different words vertically)
are
> >set
> >> up as individual hotspots.  In the center of the page I have a jpg
> immage.
> >> What I want to do is when the mouse is over the hotspot, the jpg will
> >change
> >> to another image (impage flipping).  The page is set up with tables.
(for
> >> those that respond and want to see it, go to http://63.84.172.248 and
> >click
> >> on the "Locations" button from the home page.  This is the page I want
> >do
> >> this feat....and I can't seem to get the right  source code to get the
> >> center images to flip.

> >> Help please.....thanks

1. Hyperlink/Hotspot/Mouseover results

This is a perplexing question, to be sure. How does one
get the cursor to change to a hand symbol when it's over a
collapsible outline object indicating that it is a
clickable item. I've seen samples of changing the line in
the <boby, bla, bla, bla,>, but, this does is cause the
collapsible outline to drop down. What I'd like to see is
a hand fisrt, then, once clicked see the collapsible
outline drop to expose it's contents. Is this possible?
I'm sure it's possible, I just need some help on this
matter.

Thanks,

2. Superclassing

3. Hotspot mouseovers

4. Active X and Internet

5. mouseover hotspots

6. FTP vs Publish a FP site

7. WANTED: Image hotspots with mouseover text

8. sending access report with lotus notes

9. change color of hotspot on MouseOver?

10. Text Hotspots corrupt image background color

11. want sized pop-up from hotspot image

12. how do I create a pop up window from a polygonal hotspot

13. Pop-Up Window from Image Map Hotspot