Please help me test database forms (please, please, please)

Please help me test database forms (please, please, please)

Post by MaryAnne » Thu, 17 May 2001 00:06:00

Greetings to all!

I have my database on my site and have asked a few of my customers to try it out.

They are getting an error message 2147217873 and I cannot find anything about
this in the Knowledge Base.

If any of you would be so kind as to try a few forms (just put a "x" in each
field then click "submit") and let me know what the results are I will give you
my next born son!

The site is http://www.fortheloveoflabradors.com.  Then click on "Yearbook" and
try the "Reserve Form" or click on "Breeders' Corner then click on the "Champion
Form" or "Breeder/Owner" Form.

Thank you!!

PS if there is anyone from Microsoft listening, I have tried several times now
without success to join this newsgroup!  When I click on the link it the Email
that is sent in response to my reqest to join, nothing happens.

MaryAnneT
Renton, WA

Post by MaryAnne » Thu, 17 May 2001 00:06:05

[...]

Post by Rod » Thu, 17 May 2001 01:25:03

Got a page not found error. You don't have to email anyone to join the
newsgroup, it's not a listserv.

Rod

[...]

Post by Jon » Thu, 17 May 2001 01:48:18

Hi,
I tested the reserveyearbook.asp form and got the same error. As far as i
can see the problem is with the ResNumber field in your database - its
marked as a unique index, meaning  if somebody leaves that blank or types in
an entry that already exists the insert will fail. I'd make the following
changes to the database
1/ add a new field called RecordID of type Autonumber set this field as the
primary key
2/ remove the unique index from ResNumber
3/ change the datatype of email to text
Didnt have time to test this but im fairly confident itll work if you make
those changes.

Jon

[...]

Post by MaryAnne » Thu, 17 May 2001 02:35:19

Thanks so much for testing this for me.

I originally had the ID as an AutoNumber and it did not work because when you set
up the form, there are only text boxes to choose from.  So I was getting an error
that said the fields were mismatched.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks again!

mt

.

Please help me test database forms (please, please, please)

Post by MaryAnne » Thu, 17 May 2001 02:36:53

Thanks for testing it!!

mt

[...]

Post by MaryAnne » Thu, 17 May 2001 04:18:00

Hi Jon:  any chance you can try it again?  I went in and assigned defaults to all
the fields since I could not figure out how to do the number format.  Thanks!
[...]

Post by Jon » Thu, 17 May 2001 07:56:19

Hey it works - BUT i went in first time and entered wwww as my Reservation
ID, worked fine. Went back again entered wwww as reservation id and of
course i got the error. Make sure you remove the unique index from the wwww
field or the insert will fail, unless you can be 100% sure your users will
never enter the wrong reservation id - ive found a good rule is never
underestimate your users stupidity ;)

jon

[...]

1. PLEASE help me! Please oh please oh please!

Hi!
I wrote some JavaScript code that I want to use on my page, and this
involved putting most of the code in the <HEAD> tag of my page, which I
did in notepad. BUT! When I bring it into FP 97 to edit text or graphics
and I save it, it puts the JavaScript in the <BODY>! Is there anyway to
get around this? Like a way of putting JavaScript in the header in FP
97?
Thank you thank you thank you!
--
Robin Senior

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robin.senior

2. Clean Registry

3. Please, please, please help - discussion group

4. What happened to patches 2336 and 2339?

5. Can anyone help please please please

6. Washington Post Slams Warp, here's the jerk^H^H^Hournelist's address

7. HELP please please please

8. Lotus Notes client in WinOS/2...a couple of questions...

9. Need help on Collapsible Outlines please please please

10. Please, please, please help. Security.

11. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, CD-KEY FOR FRONT PAGE 98!!

12. Unable to use forms. Please, please help !!!

13. Please, Please Help I'm Begging