Images from Image Composer look like crap

Images from Image Composer look like crap

Post by FM » Sat, 29 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I would appreciate anyone's help with the following:

Every time I make a graphic in Image Composer and save it as .jpg, it looks
terrible in the browser.  It doesn't matter whether it's a photo or just
text on a solid background, the results are always the same.  Is there
something I'm doing wrong, or does image composer just suck?

Thanks,
FM

Images from Image Composer look like crap

Post by R.W.GERLIN » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

A lot depends on what you start with. Then how much compression did you do
to the jpeg. Try using gifs to start with. Are you doing your own scanning
etc.?? I have good luck with Image Composer, and so does my daughter.

--

http://www.nemonet.com/users/rgerling/index.htm

I would appreciate anyone's help with the following:

Every time I make a graphic in Image Composer and save it as .jpg, it looks
terrible in the browser.  It doesn't matter whether it's a photo or just
text on a solid background, the results are always the same.  Is there
something I'm doing wrong, or does image composer just suck?

Thanks,
FM

Images from Image Composer look like crap

Post by Bill Wo » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

On Sat, 29 Mar 1997 00:04:13 -0800, "R.W.GERLING"

>A lot depends on what you start with. Then how much compression did
you do
>to the jpeg. Try using gifs to start with. Are you doing your own
scanning
>etc.?? I have good luck with Image Composer, and so does my daughter.

Tackling Image Composer is my next step.

Personally, I use Paint Shop Pro 4.12.

It fits all my needs for now, but Image Composer
seems to add more on the way of FX, so I will need to master that
soon.

Why didn't MS put a manual in the box for it?

Images from Image Composer look like crap

Post by R.W.GERLIN » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Bill Good Morning: The help is OK for this program. Also there is a NG for
image composer Which seems OK. RWG
--

http://www.nemonet.com/users/rgerling/index.htm

On Sat, 29 Mar 1997 00:04:13 -0800, "R.W.GERLING"

>A lot depends on what you start with. Then how much compression did
you do
>to the jpeg. Try using gifs to start with. Are you doing your own
scanning
>etc.?? I have good luck with Image Composer, and so does my daughter.

Tackling Image Composer is my next step.

Personally, I use Paint Shop Pro 4.12.

It fits all my needs for now, but Image Composer
seems to add more on the way of FX, so I will need to master that
soon.

Why didn't MS put a manual in the box for it?

Images from Image Composer look like crap

Post by William G. Schla » Sun, 30 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Well golly FM, how can anyone tell? What's your URL so we can SEE what
you're talking about.

Bill