Problem with the reports

Post by si.. » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'm using Frontpage 2000, and am currently having a few problems with
a couple of the reports.

The first problem is that the Slow Pages report seems to make up the
takes 81 seconds. However, when I edit that page it says it only takes
40 seconds. Both report and page are set to calculate at 28.8KB/S.
It even reports the smallest 1K pages as taking 35 seconds!!

The other query is with the Verify Hyperlinks report. It doesn't take
long to verify a link (which I notice some other people are
experiencing), rather it will return a 'broken' status almost
immediately. When I check the link manually in a browser, however, I
get to the site straight away. It doesn't do this with all the links,
just a few.

If anybody has any solutions to these problems, they would be much
appreciated.

Problem with the reports

Post by Thomas A. Row » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

1. Keep in mind that when you look a the page size or when saving a page, it is not including all
images, etc., whereas the report does.

2. There is no solution, other than to make sure that all URLs end with a / unless specifying a page
name. Personally, if the link works in the browser, I would not be that concerned about the report.

--
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)