FP2000 Forms: Email only NON-BLANK fields?

FP2000 Forms: Email only NON-BLANK fields?

Post by William Morto » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

I had this same problem with FP98:

Is there ANY way to Email the results of a form and include only the
non-blank fields?  I have a customer's order form with about 50 items on it,
and it always sends the ENTIRE list (which prints out to be about 2 pages)
even if there is only 1 item being ordered...

Additionally, FP2000 give me the following error any time I edit this form:

"The FrontPage Server Extensions have not been configured to send e-mail.
Please direct your sytem administrator or Internet Service Provider to
follow the instructions at 'Setting Up Your E-mail Transport' in the
\SERK\enu\admin.htm file on the FrontPage CD-ROM.

"Would you like to remove the e-mail recipient?"

As I have looked at the referenced file, and found it to be overly confusing
and NOT helpful, and my ISP IS able to route the forms via Email, I haven't
messed with this but have simply ignored it...  I assume that it's telling
me that my LOCAL computer cannont route the Email?  If so, it's a non-issue
as it works on my ISP, but it IS annoying to get this every time I edit the
form...

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Wm

--
Wm Morton
Second Glance Photography

FP2000 Forms: Email only NON-BLANK fields?

Post by Sharon Read » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

Hiya William,

I know exactly how you feel about this message - i get the same thing with a business site
i'm working on at the moment. I came to the same conclusion as you about the local machine
not being able to send via email, and just tell it to leave the email address there. What
really ticks me off though, is having to rename the form everytime i open the page that
it's on in the editor... anyone else have problems with this?

Sharon.

-----------------------
<--snip-->

Quote:> Additionally, FP2000 give me the following error any time I edit this form:

> "The FrontPage Server Extensions have not been configured to send e-mail.
> Please direct your sytem administrator or Internet Service Provider to
> follow the instructions at 'Setting Up Your E-mail Transport' in the
> \SERK\enu\admin.htm file on the FrontPage CD-ROM.

> "Would you like to remove the e-mail recipient?"

> As I have looked at the referenced file, and found it to be overly confusing
> and NOT helpful, and my ISP IS able to route the forms via Email, I haven't
> messed with this but have simply ignored it...  I assume that it's telling
> me that my LOCAL computer cannont route the Email?  If so, it's a non-issue
> as it works on my ISP, but it IS annoying to get this every time I edit the
> form...

> Anyone have any ideas on this?

> Wm

FP2000 Forms: Email only NON-BLANK fields?

Post by Rick Campbel » Thu, 13 May 1999 04:00:00

Interesting problem. I don't get any of my blank field names sent to me.
I've had to put in holders to make it happen. Look at the form at
http://www.desertrealestate.com/buyers.htm and maybe you can see what the
difference is between my forms and yours.

--
Rick Campbell
Information Designs

Quote:> I had this same problem with FP98:

> Is there ANY way to Email the results of a form and include only the
> non-blank fields?  I have a customer's order form with about 50 items on
it,
> and it always sends the ENTIRE list (which prints out to be about 2 pages)
> even if there is only 1 item being ordered...

> Additionally, FP2000 give me the following error any time I edit this
form:

> "The FrontPage Server Extensions have not been configured to send e-mail.
> Please direct your sytem administrator or Internet Service Provider to
> follow the instructions at 'Setting Up Your E-mail Transport' in the
> \SERK\enu\admin.htm file on the FrontPage CD-ROM.

> "Would you like to remove the e-mail recipient?"

> As I have looked at the referenced file, and found it to be overly
confusing
> and NOT helpful, and my ISP IS able to route the forms via Email, I
haven't
> messed with this but have simply ignored it...  I assume that it's telling
> me that my LOCAL computer cannont route the Email?  If so, it's a
non-issue
> as it works on my ISP, but it IS annoying to get this every time I edit
the
> form...

> Anyone have any ideas on this?

> Wm

> --
> Wm Morton
> Second Glance Photography
> Escondido, CA (San Diego's North County)
> http://www.secondglancephoto.com

1. Submitting Forms FP2000 - BLANK FIELDS?

Is there anyway to make a form that submits online to an email address
LEAVE OUT the incomplete form fields?

That is, I have a bunch of fields in the form.  Fields that are left
blank, I don't want to see those results in the email I receive when a
user clicks SUBMIT.

Help?!?!?!?!?!?

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

2. Removing Office

3. LET USER OF "FORM" PRINT OUT A BLANK BEFORE ENTERING DATA IN FORM FIELDS

4. MIDI Files Portugueses

5. Help changing "from" field in e-mail from form field.

6. 68030 in a Lucas and MMU stuff

7. Re-setting form fields to "blank" if nothing entered

8. Compiling MicroEmacs on a Vax with 4.3BSD?????

9. Discard blank form fields

10. Search form - leaving a field blank

11. how to get form confirmation to omit blank fields