Looking for basic Membership System

Post by Ted Appleberr » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 05:47:27

I am basically trying to protect my FrontPage website with a logon\password
set-up where the users can self register, have their password emailed to
them if they forget, etc. It's a free site but I would like to collect user
data. I have seen a bunch of freebie ASP scripts available but have failed
miserably trying to implement, is there a good package with a demo version
available? I have no problems buying the software but would like toe
evaluate it first.
Thanks!

Looking for basic Membership System

Post by Richar » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 06:20:57

Hello Ted,

You can try this free ASP script - NetLogin Lite:
        http://www.aspworld.com/products/netloginlite.asp

The full version is called NetLogin and can be found at:
        http://www.aspworld.com/products/netlogin.asp

Sincerely,
--
Richard

705-497-9320
------------
Incredible Web Hosting Deal!
http://hosting.aspworld.com
$199.00 / Year
$50.00 Recurring Referral Bonus
--

Quote:> I am basically trying to protect my FrontPage website with a
logon\password
> set-up where the users can self register, have their password emailed to
> them if they forget, etc. It's a free site but I would like to collect
user
> data. I have seen a bunch of freebie ASP scripts available but have failed
> miserably trying to implement, is there a good package with a demo version
> available? I have no problems buying the software but would like toe
> evaluate it first.
> Thanks!

Looking for basic Membership System

Post by Ted Appleberr » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:00:32

This looks great but I don't see where the user can self-register themselves
or get account reminders via email if they forget the pw. I DLed the lite
version and did not see this functionality in the sample scripts. Am I
missing something?

Thanks..

> Hello Ted,

> You can try this free ASP script - NetLogin Lite:
>         http://www.aspworld.com/products/netloginlite.asp

> The full version is called NetLogin and can be found at:
>         http://www.aspworld.com/products/netlogin.asp

> Sincerely,
> --
> Richard

> 705-497-9320
> ------------
> Incredible Web Hosting Deal!
> http://hosting.aspworld.com
> $199.00 / Year
> $50.00 Recurring Referral Bonus
> --

> > I am basically trying to protect my FrontPage website with a
> logon\password
> > set-up where the users can self register, have their password emailed to
> > them if they forget, etc. It's a free site but I would like to collect
> user
> > data. I have seen a bunch of freebie ASP scripts available but have
failed
> > miserably trying to implement, is there a good package with a demo
version
> > available? I have no problems buying the software but would like toe
> > evaluate it first.
> > Thanks!

Looking for basic Membership System

Post by Richar » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:57:05

Hello Ted,

Yes, it's the lite version. :-)

It only supports a single username/pass whereas the full version comes
loaded.

Sincerely,
--
Richard

705-497-9320
------------
Incredible Web Hosting Deal!
http://hosting.aspworld.com
$199.00 / Year
$50.00 Recurring Referral Bonus
--

> This looks great but I don't see where the user can self-register
themselves
> or get account reminders via email if they forget the pw. I DLed the lite
> version and did not see this functionality in the sample scripts. Am I
> missing something?

> Thanks..

> > Hello Ted,

> > You can try this free ASP script - NetLogin Lite:
> >         http://www.aspworld.com/products/netloginlite.asp

> > The full version is called NetLogin and can be found at:
> >         http://www.aspworld.com/products/netlogin.asp

> > Sincerely,
> > --
> > Richard

> > 705-497-9320
> > ------------
> > Incredible Web Hosting Deal!
> > http://hosting.aspworld.com
> > $199.00 / Year
> > $50.00 Recurring Referral Bonus
> > --

> > > I am basically trying to protect my FrontPage website with a
> > logon\password
> > > set-up where the users can self register, have their password emailed
> > > them if they forget, etc. It's a free site but I would like to collect
> > user
> > > data. I have seen a bunch of freebie ASP scripts available but have
> failed
> > > miserably trying to implement, is there a good package with a demo
> version
> > > available? I have no problems buying the software but would like toe
> > > evaluate it first.
> > > Thanks!

Looking for basic Membership System

Post by Kathleen Anderso » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:02:26

And it works great...

signed,

a very satisfied customer

--