Sudden error

Post by Lorian » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi
Have received the following error while publishing w/FP98 extensions.
Have had them installed and never any problems with anything until
today:

Server error: "Cannot open file.
C:\InetPub\virtual\*fame\_vti_pvt\service.cnf
for writing. Insufficient disk space."

Did a full optimization of my hardisk, then a speed disk. No problems
found on my end. Rebooted, same error.

Thanks in advance.
Loriann

Sudden error

Post by Mark Roger » Fri, 17 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi Loriann,

Were you publishing to an ISP/WPP server when this happened?  If so the
problem is on the server not your local system.

Mark Rogers
SiteCrafters Internet Services
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/

>Hi
>Have received the following error while publishing w/FP98 extensions.
>Have had them installed and never any problems with anything until
>today:

>Server error: "Cannot open file.
>C:\InetPub\virtual\*fame\_vti_pvt\service.cnf
>for writing. Insufficient disk space."

>Did a full optimization of my hardisk, then a speed disk. No problems
>found on my end. Rebooted, same error.

>Thanks in advance.
>Loriann

Sudden error

Post by Andy » Fri, 17 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I had the same problem last week - same msg with the exception of
"Insufficient disk space."  It took my WPP about 20 minutes to fix
by reinstalling extensions.  Call your service (whomever) and have
them check it out.

Strangely it only affected my on-line root which I couldn't open or
save to. The child webs were fine.

Later.
AndyB

--

*-------------------*
A. H. Barr (AndyB)

1. Sudden Error! HELP! I can't copy items to FP98!

There was no error attached.

--

Tom Pepper - Director of Marketing, Sharp Communication
Huntsville, Alabama USA

2. aspnet_wp.exe stopped unexpectedly - forms authentication

3. Host Error...all of the sudden?

4. DDE and wordprocessing

5. FramesWizard error all of the sudden?

6. Unix Security vs. NT

7. Sudden onset error in discussion forum

8. Binary stream IO question

9. Sudden blank page on Report Summary in FP2000

10. Unable to view folders and contents all of a sudden

11. All of a Sudden Can't Publish & Can't Navigate

12. Sudden stop of access to clients

13. sudden unknown problems saving pages in front page