Host Name Conflicts make a 'super secure' FrontPage Web?????

Host Name Conflicts make a 'super secure' FrontPage Web?????

Post by Michael Gilmor » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have loaded my web on to the web and no one can read it beyond the home
page because my own name has somehow been 'adopted' by FrontPage.  In the
getting started dialogue box I have 'mywebname(local)' beneath this
(in the grey area) I have 'http://myname/mywebname' .   It comes up in the
FrontPage web settings dialogue box/configuration/webserver:'

I have tried the following without success:

1) Getting started/More webs/select a web server.
2) Tools/options/proxies/HTTP Proxy:www.mywebsite URL
3) Uninstalled FP98/ control panel / network / identification / computer
name

Item 3 has removed my name from the getting started dialogue box (changed to
match req'd URL - except the '.com' was not accepted!!).  Even without the
'.com' when I create a new one page web my name appears in the new front
page web dialogue box (part2) as http://myname/etc .

This is all very exasperating but I would dearly love some help to untangle
this mess so that I can be published and be seen.  I thank you all in
anticipation.

1. FPE Error - 'computer' is not a valid host name or IP Address.

Something happened to my Windows '98 & I lost my registry.

I had to re-install many programs, including PWS & FP 98.

I now get the following error:

FP Explorer Error
 'computer' is not a valid host name or IP Address.

I looked for online help & it wasn't!!

I looked in an FP 97 book & it wasn't  much help either.

Does someone know what I need to do in order to fix the problem?

Thank you
ROGER

--

http://dinonet.dyn.ml.org/supercox/

2. uninstalled atm view?

3. 'machinename' is not a valid host name or IP address

4. University textbook formula I=(E/R) exp(-t/RC) is just a deceptive assumption

5. clear 'Name of Destination FrontPage Web' field when publishing

6. Does this group have a FAQ I could see?

7. InterDev 'Copy Web' and FrontPage 'Themes'

8. SCSI Disk questions

9. New Host Name: Can't Open Web

10. What does 'conflict' mean?

11. Please explain 'CONFLICT' during PUBLISH?

12. Server Error: There is no web named '"'

13. Super FrontPage Host recommendation...