Help with 'Unknown Host' error

Post by Kim Katze » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Whenever I try to preview my web using IE4.0 I get:
UNKNOWN HOST
Could not resolve the host "c982772-a" in the URL...<path, name of web>

It works just fine with NetScape.  My company has standardized on IE so I
would like to be able to see the MicroSoft specific components when I
develope.

My IE4.0 browser seems to be working fine in all other respects.
The localhost entry is present in the hosts.sam file.

Any thoughts?

Help with 'Unknown Host' error

Post by R. W. Gerlin » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Is this when you are editing a page or when you are trying to connect
through the internet...rg

Quote:> Whenever I try to preview my web using IE4.0 I get:
> UNKNOWN HOST
> Could not resolve the host "c982772-a" in the URL...<path, name of web>

> It works just fine with NetScape.  My company has standardized on IE so I
> would like to be able to see the MicroSoft specific components when I
> develope.

> My IE4.0 browser seems to be working fine in all other respects.
> The localhost entry is present in the hosts.sam file.

> Any thoughts?

Help with 'Unknown Host' error

Post by Kim Katze » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Using the FP Editor - PREVIEW IN BROWSER option.

>Is this when you are editing a page or when you are trying to connect
>through the internet...rg

>> Whenever I try to preview my web using IE4.0 I get:
>> UNKNOWN HOST
>> Could not resolve the host "c982772-a" in the URL...<path, name of web>
>> See first message for remaining text...

Help with 'Unknown Host' error

Post by Jens Peter Karlsen [FP MV » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

In IE4, choose to connect using LAN. If you use a Proxy, place a tick
by "Bypass proxy for local addresses".

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Quote:>Whenever I try to preview my web using IE4.0 I get:
>UNKNOWN HOST
>Could not resolve the host "c982772-a" in the URL...<path, name of web>

>It works just fine with NetScape.  My company has standardized on IE so I
>would like to be able to see the MicroSoft specific components when I
>develope.

>My IE4.0 browser seems to be working fine in all other respects.
>The localhost entry is present in the hosts.sam file.

>Any thoughts?

1. Help please: error message "Unknown HTTP Server type 'msiis'

Hi folks !

I have a problem I cant resolve: When I start the www server (that means
push the power button) everything is ok. I can use FP98 to change my web.
When I unload FP98 and restart it later, I get the error message from the
subject.
Anybody out there who can help me please ??

Greetings

sigi

Siegfried Schlosser
RA 2000 Software GmbH

2. My Musical Life Part 1...

3. Modified by '(unknown)' - What's up with that?

4. Correction

5. FPE Error - 'computer' is not a valid host name or IP Address.

6. FS - Startalk B on Ebay

7. Front Page 97 and IIS 3.0 - unknown server type 'msiis'

8. Application for Size Restriction

9. 'Unknown page' linked to a button

10. "Unknown HTTP Server type 'website'"

11. Unknown HTTP Server type 'msiis'

12. Unknown.. 'msiis', no cure!?

13. 'Navagation Cancelled' or 'IE cannot open site...' why these errors?!?!