Drop down menu or drop down hyperlink ?

Post by Nei » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:34:15

What do you call it when a site has a (for example) an ABOUT button/graphic
and when you put you cursor over the ABOUT a list of options automatically
drop down and you can select the one you want? When you select the one you
want it takes you to a page pertaining to that subject.
What facility is this down with ? javascript ? asp ?
Can this be down with base Frontpage ?
Does anyone know of any sites that would have code examples of this
being done ?
Thanks..Neil

Drop down menu or drop down hyperlink ?

Post by Socrate » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:25:18

Hi - see the online library at
WWW.SHERLOCK-HOLMES.CO.UK

and copy the code from there.

--
Yours faithfully,

JOHN AIDINIANTZ
WWW.REAL-AUDIO-JUKEBOX.COM

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/index.html

--
Red

Post by Ripcurlsur » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:23:27

www.javascript.com. Search and you will find.

--

Ripcurlsurf

> What do you call it when a site has a (for example) an ABOUT
button/graphic
> and when you put you cursor over the ABOUT a list of options automatically
> drop down and you can select the one you want? When you select the one you
> want it takes you to a page pertaining to that subject.
> What facility is this down with ? javascript ? asp ?
> Can this be down with base Frontpage ?
> Does anyone know of any sites that would have code examples of this
> being done ?
> Thanks..Neil

Drop down menu or drop down hyperlink ?

Post by Ripcurlsur » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:28:24

If you posting a site for example can I suggest you link the page as well.
Your site, which I know your intentions was to plug yourself (plug - aussie
term for promoting), is not an easy site to navigate.

--

Ripcurlsurf

> Hi - see the online library at
> WWW.SHERLOCK-HOLMES.CO.UK

> and copy the code from there.

> --
> Yours faithfully,

> JOHN AIDINIANTZ
> WWW.REAL-AUDIO-JUKEBOX.COM

> > What do you call it when a site has a (for example) an ABOUT
> button/graphic
> > and when you put you cursor over the ABOUT a list of options
automatically
> > drop down and you can select the one you want? When you select the one
you
> > want it takes you to a page pertaining to that subject.
> > What facility is this down with ? javascript ? asp ?
> > Can this be down with base Frontpage ?
> > Does anyone know of any sites that would have code examples of this
> > being done ?
> > Thanks..Neil

Drop down menu or drop down hyperlink ?

Post by Socrate » Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:21:37

Hi -  the poster asked for a url of an actual working example and that's
what I provided. Enter the site and look at the script  for the online
library which is what the poster wants - there is nothing to navigate.

--
Yours faithfully,

JOHN AIDINIANTZ
WWW.REAL-AUDIO-JUKEBOX.COM

> If you posting a site for example can I suggest you link the page as well.
> Your site, which I know your intentions was to plug yourself (plug -
aussie
> term for promoting), is not an easy site to navigate.

> --

> Ripcurlsurf

> > Hi - see the online library at
> > WWW.SHERLOCK-HOLMES.CO.UK

> > and copy the code from there.

> > --
> > Yours faithfully,

> > JOHN AIDINIANTZ
> > WWW.REAL-AUDIO-JUKEBOX.COM

> > > What do you call it when a site has a (for example) an ABOUT
> > button/graphic
> > > and when you put you cursor over the ABOUT a list of options
> automatically
> > > drop down and you can select the one you want? When you select the one
> you
> > > want it takes you to a page pertaining to that subject.
> > > What facility is this down with ? javascript ? asp ?
> > > Can this be down with base Frontpage ?
> > > Does anyone know of any sites that would have code examples of this
> > > being done ?
> > > Thanks..Neil

Drop down menu or drop down hyperlink ?

Post by Ripcurlsur » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 04:58:23

You dont have an on-line script library on your site. This
www.javascript.com is an online library. Im just saying for people to easily
understand your best to post http://www.sherlock-holmes.co.uk/home.htm.

--

Ripcurlsurf

> Hi -  the poster asked for a url of an actual working example and that's
> what I provided. Enter the site and look at the script  for the online
> library which is what the poster wants - there is nothing to navigate.

> --
> Yours faithfully,

> JOHN AIDINIANTZ
> WWW.REAL-AUDIO-JUKEBOX.COM

> > If you posting a site for example can I suggest you link the page as
well.
> > Your site, which I know your intentions was to plug yourself (plug -
> aussie
> > term for promoting), is not an easy site to navigate.

> > --

> > Ripcurlsurf

> > > Hi - see the online library at
> > > WWW.SHERLOCK-HOLMES.CO.UK

> > > and copy the code from there.

> > > --
> > > Yours faithfully,

> > > JOHN AIDINIANTZ
> > > WWW.REAL-AUDIO-JUKEBOX.COM

> > > button/graphic
> > automatically
> > you

Drop down menu or drop down hyperlink ?

Post by Socrate » Tue, 12 Nov 2002 06:08:47

Thanks - that url is more accurate.

Quote:> Does anyone know of any sites that would have code examples of this

being done ?

The online libary incorporates the script the poster needs provided he also
puts his drop-down box in the header frame - then the page will load in the
lower-right frame

Thanks..Neil

--
Yours faithfully,

JOHN AIDINIANTZ
WWW.REAL-AUDIO-JUKEBOX.COM

> You dont have an on-line script library on your site. This
> www.javascript.com is an online library. Im just saying for people to
easily
> understand your best to post http://www.sherlock-holmes.co.uk/home.htm.

> --

> Ripcurlsurf

> > Hi -  the poster asked for a url of an actual working example and that's
> > what I provided. Enter the site and look at the script  for the online
> > library which is what the poster wants - there is nothing to navigate.

> > --
> > Yours faithfully,

> > JOHN AIDINIANTZ
> > WWW.REAL-AUDIO-JUKEBOX.COM

> > > If you posting a site for example can I suggest you link the page as
> well.
> > > Your site, which I know your intentions was to plug yourself (plug -
> > aussie
> > > term for promoting), is not an easy site to navigate.

> > > --

> > > Ripcurlsurf

> > > automatically
> one
> > > you

1. Is it possiable to create a drop-down menu within a drop-down menu?

I am hoping you can help me.  I have a form that I want drop-down menus
as follows:

Category t     (level one)
        Item List (level two)

No one here can seem to tell me that this can be done.  If I can't do
multiple drop-downs, do you know if there is way I can have two separate
columns with drop-downs where the drop-down list in column 2 would be
dependent on what the choice is in the first drop-down in column 1?

Did I stump you?

2. Large Updates to the PPPoE FAQ

3. Drop-down Menus - how to default them to drop all the way down

4. Are there any PS to DVI programs/filters?

5. Database Search w/Drop down menu populated by database & two drop downs grouped

6. Curses on VMS (single key get)

7. Database Search with Drop down menus populated from dbse & 2 drop downs grouped

8. Seagate drive error

9. 2000 Drop Down Menu - 2002 Drop Down Box

10. Drop Down choice selects same choice in other drop down?

11. How to have 2nd drop down box filtered by 1st drop down box ON SAME PAGE

12. 2nd Drop Down list is filtered by the first drop down list's choice

13. How to have 2nd drop down filtered by first drop down on search page