fp personal web server or ms web server?

fp personal web server or ms web server?

Post by Mark » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

HELP PLEASE,
I was just getting started with front page and thought since I'm no PC
whiz I would follow the book that came with it.Getting started with--u
know the one.
any way I took a short course at the tech school here that was not much
help.
But they did make one thing very clear and that was if you have the room
[I do]
do the complete install and make sure and install the FRONT PAGE
PERSONAL WEB SERVER rather than the MICROSOFT WEB SERVER!
I had a friend of mine that works at my ISP as a tech rep come over and
install the whole thing,we did have to call support once I believe no
big deal.
Well one day last week JR. was down here messing with dad's PC and my
web server icon was gone from the system tray and nothing was working.
Right away I called tech support and
I couldn't tell u what he had me all do but when we were done the icon
was back and the server was running. HURRAY!!!
Only one problem he couldn't tell me if I had the good one,FP PERSONAL
WEB SERVER or the cheapy one MICROSOFT WEB SERVER?
I KNOW THIS GOT VERY LONG BUT THE FACTS SOMETIMES MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.
Can any one out there tell me how to tell which one I have or how or
what to do to find out?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Please if it's not to much trouble email me your advice
Sincerely,
MARK M

FROM MARK

SPRINT CARS
THE ULTIMATE RACING with a WING
MUDS for RACING ASPHALTS for GETTIN THERE

Post by Cowb » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>--------------B86E00908394941FA1116697

>HELP PLEASE,
>I was just getting started with front page and thought since I'm no PC
>whiz I would follow the book that came with it.Getting started with--u
>know the one.
>any way I took a short course at the tech school here that was not much
>help.
>But they did make one thing very clear and that was if you have the room
>[I do]
>do the complete install and make sure and install the FRONT PAGE
>PERSONAL WEB SERVER rather than the MICROSOFT WEB SERVER!
>I had a friend of mine that works at my ISP as a tech rep come over and
>install the whole thing,we did have to call support once I believe no
>big deal.
>Well one day last week JR. was down here messing with dad's PC and my
>web server icon was gone from the system tray and nothing was working.
>Right away I called tech support and
>I couldn't tell u what he had me all do but when we were done the icon
>was back and the server was running. HURRAY!!!
>Only one problem he couldn't tell me if I had the good one,FP PERSONAL
>WEB SERVER or the cheapy one MICROSOFT WEB SERVER?
>I KNOW THIS GOT VERY LONG BUT THE FACTS SOMETIMES MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.
>Can any one out there tell me how to tell which one I have or how or
>what to do to find out?
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

>Please if it's not to much trouble email me your advice
>Sincerely,
>MARK M

>FROM MARK

>SPRINT CARS
>THE ULTIMATE RACING with a WING
>MUDS for RACING ASPHALTS for GETTIN THERE

Actually, I would call the FP web server the cheapy one, but there are
some reasons why it might be better in certain situations. Since the
PWS 4.0 is the latest version, and is available for free from MS, I
would download it.

GB
MCSE, MVP

Think outside of the box!

fp personal web server or ms web server?

Post by <ha.. » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

if you see a web server icon in your tray and control panel then you have
MWS which is what yours sounds like.  If you don't then you have FP server.
I run FP server, but MWS is supposed to be better,

[...]

1. FrontPage Personal Web Server vs. MS Personal Web Server

A book called Using MS FrontPage 97 (QUE) makes reference to a
"FrontPage Personal Web Server" and a "MS Personal Web Server".  I
think  the MS one is on my machine at c:\Program Files\Websvr.  Is
that right & is FP one at c:\Webshare?

Can I get rid of one of these?  Which one should I keep?  AND can I
move them--I didn't want them on my C: drive?

2. Exporting Report from Money to Excel

3. FrontPage Personal Server vs MS Personal Web Server

4. Mpeg layer III

5. Finding Root Web in MS Personal Web Server using FP 98

6. FS: Amiga World Premiere Issue

7. Upgrading from a FrontPage personal web server to NT Option Pack Personal Web server.

8. Functionally missing ?

9. Personal Web Server vs FrontPage-Personal Web Server

10. NT4 personal web server and FP97 personal web server

11. MS Personal Web Server on a Netware 4.11 server?

12. Help: MS Personal Web Server Problems - Can't open local webs

13. Help w/ FP Search Bot and MS Personal Web Server