SERVER ERROR when publishing to local host FP2000 MSPWS 4

SERVER ERROR when publishing to local host FP2000 MSPWS 4

Post by dl » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Using FP2000 and MSPWS 4....with the help of lots of replies from this
newsgroup, (thanks all) I finally published my diskbased to my
http://exposures

Then when I tried to load http://exposures into front page after
closing it....then I get the the following msg

SERVER ERROR YOU MUST USE A SECURE CONNECTION (SSL) TO AUTHOR AGIANST
THIS SERVER

Walk me thru this one. This didn't happen when I first succeed in
getting this going.

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

D.

SERVER ERROR when publishing to local host FP2000 MSPWS 4

Post by T. Edmond » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

what address are you typing into the open web dialog box to open this web?
Are you trying to open the local copy or the live published copy of your
web?

--
=================================
Tiffany

Specializing in Web Designs for small
business and personal needs
http://www.venusdesigns.net

Quote:> Using FP2000 and MSPWS 4....with the help of lots of replies from this
> newsgroup, (thanks all) I finally published my diskbased to my
> http://exposures

> Then when I tried to load http://exposures into front page after
> closing it....then I get the the following msg

> SERVER ERROR YOU MUST USE A SECURE CONNECTION (SSL) TO AUTHOR AGIANST
> THIS SERVER

> Walk me thru this one. This didn't happen when I first succeed in
> getting this going.

> Thanks again for all your help.

> Regards,

> D.

1. SERVER ERROR when publishing to local web or loading into FP2000

 Here's my set up per MS PWS 4

"Web publishing is on. Your home page is     http://exposures

My home directory is      E:\Inetpub    (on my E drive)

My disk web that I am working on in FP2000 is called "Frankel"

1. I load Frankel into FP2000
2. When I publish to    http://exposures     FP2000 gives me the
following msg:

SERVER ERROR YOU MUST USE A SECURE CONNECTION (SSL) TO AUTHOR AGAINS
THIS SERVER

Just as a point of fact, when Ifirst configured the MS server
administrator to add FP extensions to my home directory E:/Inpub, I
then proceeded to loading my website into FP and then it published to
http://exposures  without a hitch. Everything worked fine.

Remember...this was the first publishing after setting up MMC.

I closed FP2000 and played around with http://exposures.

Then I needed to make some changes and loaded FP2000. I went to open
http://exposures  and got message above SERVER ERROR etc....

Then I started from scratch and deleted all the files, reconfigured
MMC  ..everything the same but was never able to publish  again
because of the SERVER ERROR msg...

hmmmm.  Does this make sense as to my problem? What's SSL? I see boxes
to check and uncheck in MMC but none of that helps..I tried every
combination.

Thanks for your help....

2. Thinking about selling my 95LX

3. Server error: souce couldn't send bn/ls (publishing to local PC web from server)

4. Schematics

5. error publishing to local host

6. Auto Connect/Disconnect

7. can't publish subwebs from online host to local host

8. Help with Tandy 100 needed!

9. Publishing to local MSPWS

10. Server error when attempting to publish to local disk

11. How do get the FP2000 extention to my local host

12. ws01 error, local host fine??

13. Attn Thomas Rowe re/publishing to local host