Sites review please

Post by Don Mopsic » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Would apreciate any suggestions for improving two sites I have been
tinkering with as an amateur developer for about 5 years now:

http://www.riverwalk.org [Riverwalk Public Radio Jazz series]

http://www.landing.com [Jim Cullum's Landing Jazz club on the riverwalk
in San Antonio]

Al the JS on these was copied and pasted from other sources, since I
couldn't get reliable performance cross-browser by my own efforts. Have
also had to dumb-down for AOL users. I am by trade a bass fiddle player,
and I also write scripts and promo copy for the radio series.  Am using
FP 98 for developement but also know a fair amount of HTML for amateur.

I have great respect for the opinions of you guys here and thank you for
help I have rec'd in the past..

Thanks in advance,

Don Mopsick

Sites review please

Post by Steve Bestvate » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I would change the "alt" part of each image src tag so that you get the name
of what the file is, instead of the name.gif and the file size. Also might
consider reducing the amount of information provided on the first page and
break those out into seperate pages.

Other than that I thought it looked really nice :-)

Steve

Quote:> Would apreciate any suggestions for improving two sites I have been
> tinkering with as an amateur developer for about 5 years now:

> http://www.riverwalk.org [Riverwalk Public Radio Jazz series]

> http://www.landing.com [Jim Cullum's Landing Jazz club on the riverwalk
> in San Antonio]

> Al the JS on these was copied and pasted from other sources, since I
> couldn't get reliable performance cross-browser by my own efforts. Have
> also had to dumb-down for AOL users. I am by trade a bass fiddle player,
> and I also write scripts and promo copy for the radio series.  Am using
> FP 98 for developement but also know a fair amount of HTML for amateur.

> I have great respect for the opinions of you guys here and thank you for
> help I have rec'd in the past..

> Thanks in advance,

> Don Mopsick

Sites review please

Post by Larry Richard » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Don,

  Your link to the audio file is pointing to your C: drive. I can't seem to
retrieve it. :-)

Larry
---------------------------------------

> Would apreciate any suggestions for improving two sites I have been
> tinkering with as an amateur developer for about 5 years now:

> http://www.riverwalk.org [Riverwalk Public Radio Jazz series]

> http://www.landing.com [Jim Cullum's Landing Jazz club on the riverwalk
> in San Antonio]

> Al the JS on these was copied and pasted from other sources, since I
> couldn't get reliable performance cross-browser by my own efforts. Have
> also had to dumb-down for AOL users. I am by trade a bass fiddle player,
> and I also write scripts and promo copy for the radio series.  Am using
> FP 98 for developement but also know a fair amount of HTML for amateur.

> I have great respect for the opinions of you guys here and thank you for
> help I have rec'd in the past..

> Thanks in advance,

> Don Mopsick

1. Site Review Please

Hello Mentors,

I have launched my new site www.beachmerchant.com  Almost every thing I
learned came from this news group. If you visit the site please see the
"extras" menu on the right and rate the site. Big thanks for all the advise
and support.

Richard

2. Calligraphy News Group

3. site review, please.

4. xemacs 19.15/gnus/tm-edit: where is the Gcc field ?

5. Site Review Please

6. Acorn User

7. Site Review Please (Handphones Stuff)

8. Deleting Extended Partition - Logical Drive

9. Site Review Please

10. <Site Review , Please!>

11. Site review please

12. Site Review... please