Dealing with the Personal Web Server

Post by Jens Peter Karls » Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Yes, search the Registry for Runservice. There you find the line for
starting the Webserver. Create a shortcut with this commandline.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997 09:32:52 -0400, Joseph Thomas

>Are there any command line options or other methods of dealing with the
>Personal Web Server?

>I understand how to set it up in Properties to "Run the Web Server
>Automatically at Startup", but I would really rather not do this. Is
>there a way to have it run from a shortcut so that it will start running
>without my having to first select the "Startup" tab, and then click the
>start button?

1. Upgrading from a FrontPage personal web server to NT Option Pack Personal Web server.

Tonight I upgraded my Windows NT 4.0 WS system, by applying the Windows NT
Option Pack, which I believe replaced the Personal web server that comes
with FrontPage 98.  Coincidentally, I also changed my machine's name (I did
have embedded spaces, which I've removed).

I suspect, but won't check it now, that this action now makes whatever
database FrontPage 98 uses, somewhat inaccurate.  How do I make the
necessary changes, so that all of the web sites I've developed in FrontPage
98 will not be lost?

Rod

2. What is an Amiga? + PIOS Propaganda (was Re: Open letter to Dave Haynie)

3. FrontPage Personal Web Server vs. MS Personal Web Server

4. DXFIN - problem

5. Personal Web Server vs FrontPage-Personal Web Server

6. Purge binded Xref layers

7. NT4 personal web server and FP97 personal web server

8. blue screen: portcls.sys

9. FrontPage Personal Server vs MS Personal Web Server

10. Is Internet Database Connectivity (IDC) only work with IIS, Peer web server and Personal Web Server ?

11. fp personal web server or ms web server?

12. Difference btw "web server" and "personal web server"

13. What is the difference Between frontpage personal webserver/Microsoft personal web server